GTR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wondering why it would be a good thing to swap my standard RB26 enginge in my R33 GT-R V-Spec for a RB30?

if some people in here, with the needed know-how, could indulge my ignorance??

It would be nice to know... to make the plans for further upgrades...

cheers

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can definately see the benifits from the list above... where would a guy like me, situated in Denmark, get my hands on a powerplant like that? and can you give me a rough price on it???

and then the next problem, how is the secondhand market for RB26's???

·
Premium Member
11,878 Posts
All the Rb engines have the cradle arrangement. The primary difference is the RB30 doesn't have oil squirters in the block. These can be fitted.

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Never used oil squirters, never had a problem.

If you use an aftermarket tunable computer you can do away with a huge amount of 'crap' the stock RB26dett has.
It really is a pretty straight forward exercise, there are few things that need to be addressed but nothing hard or expensive.

We just made 910bhp from a bottom end slightly lower spec than the one skykits has for sale, we used a stock RB26 head, cams, etc 1.7 bar.
It has a stock cradle, stock used mains bolts, stock crank and stock RB30 11mm head bolts.
The torque increase is huge, makes for a nice road engine with top end power to match and it can be done for similar money to a full rebuild on a 26.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.