GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi every body,
Can any body tell me what cars the RB30 came in?

A friend of mine wants to mate a RB26 head to a RB30 block for a Z-car project.

He is trying to keep up with my Skyline:D ;)

Thanks in advance,
Robb

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
This has been done already.

Check out Autospeed http://www.autospeed.com/A_0042/page1.html for an article on Godzilla.

Also an Australian company called Nizpro will sell you ready prepared engines with RB26 head on RB30 block.

The main problem is at the bottom of the engine - no girdle on the RB30, also does not mate directly to the RB26 sump.

The head bolts on without too much modification.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Mmm... OS Giken RB30. :rolleyes: Pity its about Yen 1,390,000 uninstalled!

BTW, does anyone happen to know whether the OS Giken RB30 kit comes with an N1 block? It definitely comes with some block. Also, is the kit already put together when you get it so it can be dropped straight in or does it come in pieces which have to be put together by a shop?

Thanx in advance.

Cya O!

·
Registered
312 Posts
RB26 N1 Block...

Just an extra question here!! In relation to the N1 block i am sure i was reading the other day that the RB26 blocks that were in the R32 Skylines were thicker but are they as good as the N1 spec items???

And subsequently at what sort of power level would an N1 block be required??

As some of you may be aware Reece McGregor who hold the NZ record with an R32 with 9.4 seconds for the 1/4 mile, has suffered a block failure with 881 bhp....
Regards

Stu

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Stu,

The N1 block was used in early production of the R32, but this was ceased due to not being cost effective so they made the engine block thinner.

The N1 block has thicker ribs, different pistons, piston rings, conrods, smoother exhaust manifold and Im sure there are other racing bits, like a sump extention.

The engine is used in the 24 Hr endurance series still.

...Ian

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Blimey Ian, taken a clever pill? :)

You seem very knowledgeable about the N1 engine..... ;)

Peter.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I may be wrong, but am I correct in thinking that the RB30 is none turbo?. If so, surley the block would be weeker then the rb26 block. I cant see the block / bottom end being any good for high power reliability?.

I wait in anticipation to be corrected??>>>>>

Jason.

P

·
0 Posts
the RB30 was released in the australian R31 Skyline, and the Holden Commonwhore (Commodore) VL. it was available in both turbo and non turbo.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Also Hartge made a limited edition R31 car which used the RB30DE engine which had 210PS and 25.4kgfm.

Also the R31 Tommy Kaira M30 had the same engine.

Here are pics of both cars..from the Skyline Museum book.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I think that I heard the Nissan Patrol (huge 4x4) has a single cam version of the RB30, so the bottom end would be ok.

just what I've heard...

/Steve

·
Registered
22 Posts
The museum book I have I ordered online, the museum is in Osaka... it has 50 Skylines, it isn't the official museum that Nissan have.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts