GTR Forum banner

281 - 300 of 301 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #281
Just when you think you have everything for the project to go ahead, curve balls !!
Wanted water proof relays and holders etc, new plugs and fittings,really want a pro job at the end of the day. Have also decided to go full DBW as I already have the GM 90mm DBW throttle. a bit lumpy size wise but loving the progressive opening shape of the actual body.
Not a linear flowing unit like all the pirate stuff out there.
Added bonus here is it takes care of so many things all in one, traction control, launch control, TPS value, idle control......lots of positive for going DBW aftermarket.
Also moving from the current Nissan CAS to proper crank trigger setup.Looked at a few aftermarket setups,nice but expensive when I'm looking at 18 to 1 BP exchange rate !
Ozzy and NZ rate I can live with-but still expensive. So, got all the goodies locally(Cherry Hall sensors) etc, will make my own setup.

On another, totally different note, acquired a grand old lady with significant Brooklands history-1923 200 mile Brooklands race, started last, finished second behind the Fiat. Wonderful history.Ridiculous average speeds, even by today's standards !! Busy making new body panels for her-the original is rather fragile.

Attachments

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #283
Let`s see how the new forum operates..Thanks Mook, very nice. It has been a strange year for my car. Always changing ideas and just getting delayed as I wait for stuff.I decided to get a few upgrades from Platinum Race Products in Ozz.Their new 36-2 trigger kit, the mechanical fuel pump driven off the cam, for looks the billet cam covers , a new fuel rail and the R35 ignition coil upgrade. Really been a bit in 2 minds as to where I wanted to go with this car this year. Step one, get the fkr running again and then decide !! I now need to get nice fuel hose and fittings for the fuel system..

Attachments

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #286
Nice, I have just gone for the mechanical fuel pump, what size did you go for
The basic 500 pump. It was good for what I have, funny how I wanted the 700 though...Herman went through it all with me and yes, lots of spare capacity with the 500. :)

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #288
Pump fuel only. If I cannot fill up on a long road trip at a gas station, I don't want it in my tank..

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #289
PRP trigger installed, 36-2 setup. Mech fuel pump installed and cam sync trigger installed.While the Greddy plenum was off, I decided to see how far I could go with the 2x "casting bumps" in each port.Did quit well and still good material around the cutouts for the studs.Waiting for the 3 port manifold from PRP for quiet some time now. Does not seem to prioritize the small individual customer. Starting to get a bit miffed with this setup.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #290
Serious question....will this car be legal in the UK? More specifically, Ireland.....Yes, I may have to change some stuff, but aftermarket suspension ? Aftermarket brakes ? The RB34 instead of the original SR20 ? Half cage? Sparco race seats ?
Help here please guys....

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #299
Tired of welders bull sh*tting me about work I wanted done, so I bought a Lincoln TIG200 for home. Brilliant little machine.Made all my fuel tanks, radiator mods, odds and ends...

Attachments

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #300
Mounted ecu, have drawn the harness`s through and busy with the ecu install. Also got hold of an Astra hydro/electric power steer pump in NZ, had it shipped over and installed...

Attachments

281 - 300 of 301 Posts