GTR Forum banner

341 - 360 of 392 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks for all your help with information guys, we can never know too much about our cars, and when that info is shared in a manner that makes everyone chuckle, its a win win!

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #344 ·
Just to confirm I'm talking about my car, (my previous post may have come across slightly misleading) but yeah I can share the details.
Thanks for sharing DeanoGtr! Apart from the six piston front brake calipers, I've got roughly the same modifications (to get £30k's worth of performance tuning history) on my car. Maybe I should call my Do-Luck Import a "500R" as well?!:chuckle:

Afterall, I do have the key fob and a few bits of paper to show its been to St Helens at least once in its lifetime too.

I can remember David Yu writing about His Middlehurst Imported R33 GTR and how it cost £46k to buy iirc...So then spending another £26k or slightly more in mods sounds more like it to me. Especially after looking at DeanoGtr's paperwork above. David Yu also informed us on how you can bolt all sorts of bits on them to get the Skylines power up to 500bhp+, but without strengthening their internals, they were far from bombproof engines.

David once grenaded his engine on the French Autoroute in spectacular oil-all-over-the-windscreen style. In those days, Andy Middlehurst in St Helens was the only place to get them fixed adding insulting inconvenience to severe financial injury.
/\ Says it all for me...

JM2PW!:)

·
Vendor
54 Posts
UK R33 / R34

I have come across , our Heritage Data , for all the Uk R33 and R34 Uk Middlehurst cars , so if anyone has any request for information on the cars contact me, , all the best Andy Middlehurst

·
Vendor
54 Posts
r33 UK middlehurst Cars

There was 100 official R33 Gtrs , plus 6 press cars , that where Japanese chassis numbers , but made into uk cars at Nissan Motorsport Europe . They had the coolers pumps , lights etc , the same as the 100 official cars . We can still supply parts for R32 /R33 /R34 , directly via Nissan , or via Japan

·
Vendor
3,391 Posts
You can***8217;t really go wrong with middlehurst***8217;s, wealth of knowledge on these cars and good parts contacts I***8217;ve reliably been informed by Dave today.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I have come across , our Heritage Data , for all the Uk R33 and R34 Uk Middlehurst cars , so if anyone has any request for information on the cars contact me, , all the best Andy Middlehurst
Well that***8217;s funny, before l bought my car from your showroom you refused to give previous history with the car!

·
Registered
9,751 Posts
There was 100 official R33 Gtrs , plus 6 press cars , that where Japanese chassis numbers , but made into uk cars at Nissan Motorsport Europe . They had the coolers pumps , lights etc , the same as the 100 official cars . We can still supply parts for R32 /R33 /R34 , directly via Nissan , or via Japan
USA seems to have vast stocks of all kinds of Skyline parts UK dealers have been lacking and even then the prices here compared to those in the USA would be astronomical. Something to think about and offer the guys in the UK a good deal just like the USA does for their customers.

341 - 360 of 392 Posts