GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new to the skline seen as i ave my r34 only 2 weeks, from my understanding, they should run on higher than 95 octane. Ive done a search here about it but my situation is slightly diff, the remapping ive found info on is about more power, but mine is fairly standard except an intercooler and exhaust, and has standard ecu. So does it mean running the car on 95 octane is bad for it. and if i remap it does it mean i loose power? Any help would be appreciated...

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
as far as i know 95ron is a no no it,causes dettonation which is an engine killer,my advise to any one when buying a skyline is get the map checked by a skyline tuner.NOT A( I THINK I.M A SKYLINE EXPERT) this is why you here of so meny people who buy skylines do a few hundred miles then end up having to have a engine rebuild because some so called EXPERT has altered the standard map to run on uk fuel incorrectly.GET THE MAP CHECKED BY A SKYLINE EXPERT BELEAVE ME IT,S MONEY WELL SPENT AND IT WILL GIVE YOU PEACE OF MIND.if your in the north give RB MOTERSPORT a ring or if your in the south give abbey motersport a ring ,you,ll not go wrong with ROD or MARK.i,ve had two skyline maps checked and they were both way out:wavey: NISMOMAN

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
The std ecu should reduce ign advance to keep engine safe but if i were you i would use either tesco 99 ron or Shell V-power asap. Let the current petrol run to bare minimum. I would also contact Tweenierob on this forum and arrange a remap.
I dont know if he can map the std ecu so you may need an aftermarket ecu like a power fc.

Regards

Gez

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
even with 99RON, retarding the ignition map by 2-4 degrees at a minimum is a good idea. This can be done with a strobe light and moving the cam angle sensor (I ***THINK***) anti-clockwise the appropriate amount.

·
Registered
234 Posts
i ran a standard r32 gtr for 2 yrs on stock ecu and on a mapped power fc for one yr running 370 whp @1.3 bar all on 95 octane never had any problems with detonation ,at the moment i have the engine out for an upgrade the pistons i took out were perfect and cylinders were like new no sign of damage whatsoever from using the 95.... just my experience

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
unfortunatly in Ireland you cannot get a higher ron petrol, so as far as i know we ave no choice but to use 95ron(unless sumbody knows a garage that i dont know of!) I just rang the guy that serviced the car when it came into the country and he said he can remap the standard ecu for 95 ron for 300euro. But will this decrease my power or what?

·
Registered
116 Posts
reviving this old post. a friend of mine had his r33 gtr tuned. made 515whp on 95 ron. at 18 psi. car has aem v2 ecu, ID 1000, BW s366 turbo, greddy cams. stock block. on c16 made 645 whp at 25psi.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Remapping may change your power but your engine blowing up will def decrease power loads. Get it mapped for the correct fuel you are using and never worry about it again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts