GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Gotta say, I tried driving my car on the stock map today having just got it back from service, and I have to say, it sucks! :chuckle:
Genuinely not fast enough.

8 minutes later and my latest GTC map was uploaded and I was happy again! :D

In case Ben has been too subtle, contact him and ask him for an "iPod" complete with some "tunes"... ;)

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
David,

Why do you remove the map for servicing, it's not as if they don't know it's mapped?

Guy
Hi Guy,

just makes life easier. in past Nissan have released GT-R rom ecu updates, and do their own 'flash' via consult. so saves your performance map being over written. We also get these updates, so any new roms will automatically be available via cobb updater link.

btw ive recently been told by two nissan sources about a fuse which runs flickr (box recorder). one of them told me pull this if you want your data stop being recorded.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Gotta say, I tried driving my car on the stock map today having just got it back from service, and I have to say, it sucks! :chuckle:
Genuinely not fast enough.

8 minutes later and my latest GTC map was uploaded and I was happy again! :D

In case Ben has been too subtle, contact him and ask him for an "iPod" complete with some "tunes"... ;)
does that mean the remix passes the seriously strict YU quality control ? :nervous:

I await the datalogs mate and hope you have as good v box times as Rich does

·
Registered
300 Posts
what do you base this claim on ? who has been denied a warranty issue ?

Any modification of the ecu is saved and the blackbox saves everything when you reach some criterias.... So how do you explain that to nissan ?

But, let's just say that the ipod already killed the warranty so why going through more troubles :p

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have to say if you are thinking about re-mapping! And are confident about servicing issues then get it done! It will BLOW YOUR MIND!

Ben, I thank you!
One very very happy chap here!!
Long may it continue!

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
As with all things this is about degrees

take the pee with some big power beast and if I were Nissan, I'd say on your bike.

Well engineered and moderate enhancements move the game on and won't be warranty issues

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
As with all things this is about degrees

take the pee with some big power beast and if I were Nissan, I'd say on your bike.

Well engineered and moderate enhancements move the game on and won't be warranty issues
A very good point!
Well raised Zed......But My dealer Sh*t himself when I mentioned re-mapping!!

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have to say if you are thinking about re-mapping! And are confident about servicing issues then get it done! It will BLOW YOUR MIND!

Ben, I thank you!
One very very happy chap here!!
Long may it continue!
What level of mid blowing are we talking about over standard.

I have messed around with this sort of thing before quite a few years back with my RS Cosworth which was Turbo Technics modified. The mapping/chipping results were unpredictable and I was told it would seriously reduce engine life.

Of course you hear these rumours - doesn't mean they are true.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
What level of mid blowing are we talking about over standard.

I have messed around with this sort of thing before quite a few years back with my RS Cosworth which was Turbo Technics modified. The mapping/chipping results were unpredictable and I was told it would seriously reduce engine life.

Of course you hear these rumours - doesn't mean they are true.

You can't compare what you did with your cossie back in the day to the technology with the GT-R today. Your cossie wouldn't have had a factory wide band or a number of safety features such as overboost cut off, fuel cut, timing control + more

ourselves and others overseas have been running mapped R35's since Feb2008. Some JDM cars in Japan & Singapore which have seen track action and approaching 30,000 miles + without issue. Cobb have reported 2,000 accessPORT's have been sold in U.S alone.

We believe the VR38 plasma bores will not wear significantly until power is taken over 600hp. Exhuast and map are bread and butter effective and safe. We check the 12 most important parameters first for safety, inc knock, boost, AFR, inj pulse etc..

·
Registered
199 Posts
You can't compare what you did with your cossie back in the day to the technology with the GT-R today. Your cossie wouldn't have had a factory wide band or a number of safety features such as overboost cut off, fuel cut, timing control + more

ourselves and others overseas have been running mapped R35's since Feb2008. Some JDM cars in Japan & Singapore which have seen track action and approaching 30,000 miles + without issue. Cobb have reported 2,000 accessPORT's have been sold in U.S alone.

We believe the VR38 plasma bores will not wear significantly until power is taken over 600hp. Exhuast and map are bread and butter effective and safe. We check the 12 most important parameters first for safety, inc knock, boost, AFR, inj pulse etc..
That sounds really nice :)

My R35 is on order but will know where to come for "improvements". Just seen your site for the first time.

I am never satisfied with standard.

I guess my only reservations would be warranty and insurance. My insurance is low enough now, but if I had to declare the mods they might not like it.

How detectable are these electronic mod's?

I want one of those AccessPORT's. I am in the technology business - can't resist that sort of thing.

Is it possible to hook a lap top up to the electronics with software to have a look at things and generally tweak it around?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.