1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all
okay i have a 91 R32gtr J reg

it turns out i have spec2 clocks and apparently i need spec1 clocks

fyi spec2 have a blue printed circuit board whereas spec1 have white/brown pcb - fitting the wrong type results in clocks doing strange stuff.. in my case indicators dont work as they should flashing the hicas light on and full beam switches on incorrectly on one side of the car only.

the cars wiring is all good and not botched in any way from what i can see

so i've been trying to chase spec1 clocks but its next to impossible. What i want to know is if its possible to repin on the back of the clocks or something so i get them to do what i need. Has anyone done this and got any experience please?

all thoughts welcome am really lost what to do here and its the only thing i need to sort before i can take it for mot

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Leo (driftperformanceparts.com on here), had my old Spec1 clocks - I don't know if he sold them yet.

He might even PX spec1 for spec2...
I bought them off him :thumbsup:

As for repinning, I'm not sure if the board is a direct replacement in the holes. But I've got my old spec one clocks that I don't need. You can have them for cheap if you like, the needles may need calibrating as I practiced removing the needles. I'm sure the dials are interchangeable...?

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@alex just phoned Leo now - he was the first person to ask if i needed spec1 or 2 ! :) He's gonna have a snout about

@CSB - pm'd fella - i'll give them a shot damaged or not really!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Give garage d a call im sure they will know and also have loads of spares should you need them their number is

1 - 6 of 6 Posts