GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: Rays Engineering TE37 Volk Racing Alloys question...

Hey everybody,

My brother has found a set of Te37's 5x114 but the seller has advised that 2 of the rims have small dents on the inside rim, however he mentions they are straight and true, balance fine and were on his Evo. He also mentions he has been on a track @150mph no issues just to prove his point.

What do you guys think, should he stay away or go for them..? Any advice appreciated.

Many thanks on advance.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response, what he wants to know is would the alloys structure weakened because off this or damaged, he just wants a set that's work free and bang them on. He is also not v.keen on fixes as he wants a lightweight rim I know it may not be that much extra weight after the fix. The question really is just about why the dents are there, what could have caused that to happen and if the Alloy structure has been dramatically affected.

·
Registered
444 Posts
If too much work needed keep away. Being lightweight to start with would make me think twice

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, you mean not to go for because the rim is light weight, if there's damage it would be more serious then say a normal Alloy wheel (non forged/lightweight)..?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Yes keep away and don't buy them if it's too much damage. I have driven a couple of cars with wheels which have been repaired and it doesn't drive right. But depending on the area damaged place a big part.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I mean the with the details the seller has given it doesn't seem like they need repairing, but he's just made a mere mention about the small dints on the inside of the rim, and he's made a mention track driving on them aswell as them being straight and true hmm...

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Better off biting the bullet and get new if you're unsure. What colour are they? The bronze is notoriously difficult to colour match.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for your input. The rims he want are white. He hasn't got the money to go new, hence the multiple questions/concerns.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts