GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all,

The time has almost come and I should be picking the GTR up next Saturday. :D

The car is an 09 and I want to get some music ready for the HDD.

Will the car read music from DVD discs or do I need to burn all the music to standard 70/80 minute CD's? A DVD would be much easier to burn loads of tracks to just one disc.

Also do track names etc come up on the screen or do I need to edit them in a certain way before I burn the cd/dvd?

Cheers Kris

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not too sure on the DVD but every cd I've put in doesn't bring the track names up :(
Hmm that sounds pretty annoying. I like to have all my albums/tracks organised. Just having "track 1-50" etc would be pretty pants!!

·
Registered
644 Posts
Does the 09 model come with a usb port ?? If so u can use that with your ipod, thats what ive been doing recently..

I have tried FM transmitters and the sound sucks in all honesty.. Specially with the nice sound system in the GTR, you will want good quality music so u can hear the bass lines and stuff clearly..

·
Registered
644 Posts
:( Hmm, but you can store the songs through CD onto the hard drive right..?

Im sure there is a way to burn music onto the CD which keeps the names/albums.. Will do some searching and find out for you..

I think thats the only way to go without having USB..

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:( Hmm, but you can store the songs through CD onto the hard drive right..?

Im sure there is a way to burn music onto the CD which keeps the names/albums.. Will do some searching and find out for you..

I think thats the only way to go without having USB..
Cheers mate, that would be great. :thumbsup:

I you find anything out about the HDD reading DVD's let me know too.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My 59 plate recognises all track information. I burn a CD with an album of choice, but I have to give the CD the same name as the album.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Can't remember but tbh I listen to the radio more anyway, I will have a look at the transmitter, never found it to be really poor tho.... Unless I'm in France as they seem to transmit on every fricking channel lol

·
Registered
178 Posts
If you burn a song to disc in mp3 format it will tell you all the song info and you can fit quite a few songs onto 1 cdr but I am not sure if the gtr reads mp3?

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
If you burn a song to disc in mp3 format it will tell you all the song info and you can fit quite a few songs onto 1 cdr but I am not sure if the gtr reads mp3?
09 GTR will read and play mp3 files but will not copy them to the HDD

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
So to copy them to the HDD I would need to burn them in standard format, ie 12 per disc etc?

What about naming them on the HDD?
The manual doesn't say anything about using DVDs, only CD, CD-R & CD-RW (I'm not sure if CD+R & CD+RW will be playable if anyone has any of those any longer?)

Regarding text, it says that disc title & track title can be displayed (plus folder title, file title, album title & artist for MP3 or WMA CDs). So, as long as a disc is recorded with the relevant information at the time of recording, the system will display it.

The HDD system can hold a maximum of 500 albums / 3000 songs. For non-MP3 / non-WMA CDs, recording will commence immediately. Where present, the HDD will record the track title etc. for each track copied but if that information is not contained on the CD, it is possible to edit tracks stored in the HDD manually.

Regarding format, depending on which software you use to burn discs (the below is Nero), you will need to burn an Audio CD which will limit the time to 80 minutes (rather than MB ...) and will auto format the songs to a format suitable for the HDD to record them. You should still be able to edit song detail in the system I believe which the HDD should then record along with the track itself. If you want to create a large album (i.e. >80 mins), you will need to create multiple CDs but name each exactly the same as then the HDD will add the tracks to the existing album.

HTH

1 - 20 of 24 Posts