GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey, ive been searching for a while. i can find a few specs on the R34-N1, but im curious about how differently the nur performed.

theres just alot of bad info floating around. all the official info just says "N1 block, N1 Turbos, 280PS".

i know what it was equipped with, but im mostly after numbers like stock boost pressure, and roughly how much more power it made from the R34-N1 (i think it was just balanced better, and tuned a bit differently).

im planning on ordering the Mine's R32 Nur Package, im just trying to gather as much info as i can before i throw any money around.

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Don't know what the R32 Mines Nur is, but the 34 Nur was identical in performance with the standard 34 - off the shelf that is.
However, it did have vastly superior turbos and the N1 block so was able to take on a lot more boost safely.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Mines R32 Nur is an old R32 stripped back and then basically rebuilt with R34 NUR parts and a few other bits (like Nismo did with Z-tune)...... reckon they'd be an awesome performer !

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Blow Dog said:
Don't know what the R32 Mines Nur is, but the 34 Nur was identical in performance with the standard 34 - off the shelf that is.
However, it did have vastly superior turbos and the N1 block so was able to take on a lot more boost safely.
you sure about that? the R34 N1 made just a hair over 400bhp. ive heard that the Nur's tuning and setup was based on the N1's and just expanded a bit from there.

even if the Nur was set to the same .5bar boost setting that the R34 std was, the engine would end up making more power. (lighter internals, breaths easier, and turbos push more CFM at said boost).

best motoring did a 0-400m test of the Nur vs the standard R34 GTR. and the Nur won by at least a carlength. (although i dont speak japanese, so the Nur very well could have had the Nismo ECU sport-resetting or something.. but thats VERY unlike BMI to give a car an unfair advantage...)

oh well. this Mine's R32 Nur package comes with their Mines ECU, im assuming its good for 1bar of boost.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Mr Blowdog knows what hes talking about as he was one of the 2 people in the UK who imported one.:D
And very nice it is to.
And then he sold it to Nico.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
My Nur, when completely stock, was a good bit faster on the same stretch of bypass than my stock UK R34.

I did have the Nur dyno'd just before I started tuning and it made 417 bhp.
It was a bit of a prehistoric dyno though, it just gave you a guesstimated flywheel figure, nothing else. Anyones guess how accurate it was.
I would say, from what I know now, high 300's.

The other one in the U.K. is a customer of Rod's, also Millenium Jade but with an OS RB30. He apparently saw mine over there and asked Rod to source him one.
Interesting that the 3 known Nur's in the U.K. no longer have the Nur engines.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Cord said:
I don't know if it's advertised yet. He just said he was selling. It will be VERY expensive as it's the nicest 34 I've ever seen/been in. I can ask him if your interested.
wish I'd known that a while ago.....

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Cord said:
I don't know if it's advertised yet. He just said he was selling. It will be VERY expensive as it's the nicest 34 I've ever seen/been in. I can ask him if your interested.
Yes please.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts