GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all i'd like to say hi :wavey:

What sort of price am I looking to pay for a half decent standard R32GTR? Does anyone know of any for sale that haven't been molested or modified?

Cheers :cool:

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
Hi and welcome

I think your going to really struggle to find one mate, they'll be as rare as rocking horse $hit ! If there is any left then they'll probably be in Japan and the owners are not going to let them go.

There is a couple of nice, clean examples in the for sale section on here (costadelsol & daz's cars spring to mind) but they're both modified to some degree.

Any reason why it has to be stock ?

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
To be honest you're better off taking the hit on the extra insurance cost and get a decent lightly modded one
Standard GT-Rs don't feel particularly quick and you'll soon be wanting to pep it up a bit :chuckle:

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,173 Posts
First of all i'd like to say hi :wavey:

What sort of price am I looking to pay for a half decent standard R32GTR? Does anyone know of any for sale that haven't been molested or modified?

Cheers :cool:
When I was looking they'd were about £7k landed with taxes. Depending on how stock you want them to be will depend on the cost. I would suggest that one with different air-filters and exhaust would be a good thing anyway. Even if you left those as they are you'd be looking at a very small increment on the insurance. My lot said that the uplift for those items was about £50.

Hope this helps.

NB Might be worth talking to your insurer about what constitutes mods. Mine are only really bothered if they raise the power output. So if you found a rebuilt car (with forged internals perhaps) running stock boost you could well find that carries no premium over a stock car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it's not about mods or insurance, i just want a car that hasn't got barry spoilers and been messed about with internally, i don't mind filters, coilovers etc just don't want any hideous kits or add ons that aren't tasteful , well to my taste.

·
Registered
25,021 Posts
take a look at our sold stock on the website it will show you the quality of our gtrs

i had a 32 before and it was exactly like what you wanted, i had to wait 6months to get the right car, same again for my 34

we can source a very nice clean honest example, good examples are hard to find and do take time, your budget must be realistic too.

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Welcome GTRTT ... take a look at my car for sale (click the link in my sig) - it might be the kind of thing you are looking for (then again, it may not).

Best of luck in your search. They are fantastic cars.

·
Registered
288 Posts
When I bought mine it was bone stock except for the wheels. I paid 800,000 yen for it. It only went so cheap because it had high miles. It had 125k km's on the clock. This was back in 2004 in Japan.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi, I ordered a 1992 GTR from japan a few months ago.
I paid a little over £10.000 to an importer here in Belgium to get the car over and make her road legal.

She is probably not the mintest example outthere but is supposed to be in good mechanical condition and plain stock , apart from airfilters and exhaust.
~93.000 km covered

I guess I will know for sure as she passes UK customs somewhere next week :)

I just took a quick look at the Newera site ( wich was very nice ) , and it seems to me they are offering some nice cars at fair prices.

·
Registered
25,021 Posts
not saying yours is

but when we stopped on the c1, 99% of the skylines (gtts, gtrs) were sh1t boxes,

there was only 3 nice GTRs i saw out there last week, (except the GTROC japan cars)

a nur spec 34 outside my hotel, a 35GTR at the C1 car park & a very highly modded top secret 33, with the biggest brakes i have ever seen in my life.

most of the cars going through auctions as im sure miguel will tell you, are crap, it takes ages (and some luck) to find one worth us importing.

most are accident damaged, clocked or just rusty used and abused

the "grading" is only a guide, nothing beats seeing it in real life which is what we obviously do for any buyer then phone them when we are at the auction and discuss over the phone before we buy.

the 34 we looked at for me, said grade 4, it had hailstone damage on the roof & bonnet and it wasnt on the sheet, so we didnt bother and waited another 5months for the right car which was perfect.

·
Registered
31 Posts
It sure is handy being able to check the cars out for yourself.
You have to be patient buying cars, but that counts for European once also.

And I have to keep in mind, I just bought a 16 year old car. You cant really expact it being as good as new.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts