GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP ME PLEASE!!!

Its driving me crazy.. I have been to my HPC and they have done the "2 clip mod" on the front pads and its still just as bad! They said the only way to solve it now is to replace the front pads at a cost of £840.00!!! the car has only done 11,000 miles and been driven like a girl for most of them!

Any advice peeps?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Could try the bedding in procedure, or at least try half a dozen 0.5g brakes from say 60mph to 10 or so, and then a couple of firmer ones, then cool off for a few miles.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi and thanks for the replies,

I have discovered Kiezer will replace the pads for just short of £300 which is a dam sight cheaper than those thieving gits at Nissan. I have a clip of the noise which i sent to Nissan when i complained, (just got to work out how to post it). i have tried the bedding in procedure and no joy i am afraid! When i had the "2 clip mod" done they said they had cleaned and done all they can to the existing pads! they also said that there is only 2mm left!! thats complete BS as i can see there is considerably more..

i am losing the will to live with this one..

·
Registered
692 Posts
What I mean is if there is loads of meat left on the pad take them out have a look at them they may have a sheen on them if so lightly rub them down to get rid of sheen then bed in again.

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Driving like your mum may have caused it, drive it like uou stole it for a bit!

£840 for front pads - daylight robbery!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What I mean is if there is loads of meat left on the pad take them out have a look at them they may have a sheen on them if so lightly rub them down to get rid of sheen then bed in again.
are they easy to remove? any help here would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
No they shouldn't need replacing at 11k miles under normal road use.

On my last car I changed the pads after the 18k (2nd) service (incidently the NHPC quoted me £3050 to change the front discs because of the thermal cracking issue around the cross drilled holes, which I politely declined).

If I was you I would scuff up the disc surfaces, I actually removed my discs to do this but it depends how handy you are and how much spare time you have (are yours cracked yet, it's only a matter of time), then either refit the same pads or fit some Bendix for less than £100 R35 GT-R TitaniuMetallic II Front Brake Pads- Low Dust Formula | eBay which feel pretty much the same as stock pads but never squeal.

·
Registered
318 Posts
HELP ME PLEASE!!!

Its driving me crazy.. I have been to my HPC and they have done the "2 clip mod" on the front pads and its still just as bad! They said the only way to solve it now is to replace the front pads at a cost of £840.00!!! the car has only done 11,000 miles and been driven like a girl for most of them!

Any advice peeps?

Thanks in advance.
I had the same thing when i first bought mine. Turns out i wasnt driving "Hard Enough" to get the performance friction rear pads warmed up.

Sly @ Kaizer changed the rear pads on mine for Cosworth ones and its stopped completely.

I run Standard Nissan Pads on the front but if yours have aftermarket ones fitted front then you may need to look at those to.

Cheers
Neil

1 - 20 of 21 Posts