GTR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
been using the search but to no avail,

getting some AP Racing 6 pot calipers with Greddy disks 355's & DS2500 pads on the front....

what would be a good match to put on the rear? size, spec & price if you know please.

car is R33 GTR with R43 GTR wheels on (18")

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Standard brembos will be fine for most applications, but if you feel the need to upgrade, go the matching set of ap racing 4 pots for the rear.

·
Registered
55 Posts
my two penneth is dont get DS2500 pads if you want to do more than 50mph.

I run in a race series and i've yet to find a pad as bad as the DS2500. On a track day in a 1 tonne car with AP 6 pots at brands hatch it ate a full set in less than half a day, and then proceeded to kill my pads. DS3000 werent much better, lasted a whole day buy were toast after that. Pagid yellows are what you want mate, i have the same kit as you and have tried 2500's.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
any idea on price for the AP rears to match? just think big brakes on the front and tiny standards on the back will look a bit strange

Squattingnevil: i will only be using on the road and not track so they should be ok? i have used DS2500 pads for a few years now and always complained i got bad brake fade but think that was down to the standard setup?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Shouldnt be a problem for road use. They will be a million times better than the 2500's you have. If you have any issues 3000's will be ok. I wouldnt recommend either for track use though, get some pagids. They arent cheap, but are a damn site cheaper than what it cost me last time i used 2500's on the track (A new set of pads and discs, best part of £1000)

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
anyone know how much the 4 pot AP Racing rears would cost? also where stocks them?

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Did a quick google, seen them listed on ebay for ~£1500 to give you an idea of price.
Try some of the traders that are doing ap racing gear for r35s, they should be able to source the gear for you :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts