GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

Just wondering if the rear camera can be changed as the camera is really poor quality so i wanna get a better quality one. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
271 Posts
I much prefer the camera personally. If I could remove the parking sensors I would: the beeping does my head in when I put the car in the garage!

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
I much prefer the camera personally. If I could remove the parking sensors I would: the beeping does my head in when I put the car in the garage!
The kits that we fit give you the option for sound and visual or visual only in a form of a small led display which changes colour according to the distance.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Parking sensors are much better and accurate
I would rather have the overhead view from 4 cameras that my wife's car has and several Nissan/Infiniti models also offer. It is a very useful bit of kit especially for judging position of wheels against kerbs in tight car parks.

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
I would rather have the overhead view from 4 cameras that my wife's car has and several Nissan/Infiniti models also offer. It is a very useful bit of kit especially for judging position of wheels against kerbs in tight car parks.
Yes I agree that would be good but unfortunately that won't work with the GTRs original screen and also the camera that's already installed won't cover the the rather large rear end completely or the corner sides as where good quality parking sensor kits fitted to the correct position will, trust me on this one I've had four 35's and have to reverse them up a tight sharing entrance into my rear garden into my garage and I'd be completely be lost without them.

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
I had use of a Qashqai with that 360 camera system it's really good and would be ideal on a GTR would save on costly repairs from kerbbing

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Wtf is wrong with you lot? Do you park with your eyes shut or something? Hitting kerbs etc sounds like you need a chauffeur not a parking system lmfao!!!

·
Registered
919 Posts
Wtf is wrong with you lot? Do you park with your eyes shut or something? Hitting kerbs etc sounds like you need a chauffeur not a parking system lmfao!!!
Do you ever park in multi story car parks? Some of us have no choice and the design of many of them is utterly retarded and often with less than 5cm of clearance each side of the wheels from 2 big kerbs.

You don't have the perspective from the drivers seat to understand your full relative position in situations like that which results in periodic alloy damage.

·
Registered
919 Posts
You know your wing mirrors are adjustable right? I have parked my car in some very tight positions and yet to thump anything.
The big issue is not parking (which cameras, sensors or a combo of the 2 manage quite well). It is manouevering around tightly kerbed spaces that is my biggest issue not parallel, bay or garage parking.

Wing mirrors can help here but it is PITA to faff around repositioning then on entry and exit. A memory feature would make that a lot more practical.

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
You know your wing mirrors are adjustable right? I have parked my car in some very tight positions and yet to thump anything.
Thats good for you, but what happens when you have to park in a tight spot and it's literally the length of the vehicle, or it's dark outside or the vehicle behind has a tow bar for example.... Good luck I know what I'd rather have

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
but what happens when you have to park in a tight spot and it's literally the length of the vehicle :

Let***8217;s assume that you have found a very small parking space and there are no vehicles around for reference I wouldn***8217;t worry about it cause there are no other cars around so the spot won***8217;t be tight....... you can take your time ;)

vehicle behind has a tow bar for example :

Should probably be more aware of what you are parking next to or against, it***8217;s this lack of observation that will cause damage to your car and would have to question how much you concentrate when actually driving ;)

All said and done why would you put your car in a spot like this, you know nobody else gives a **** about your car so why squidge it in to any spot?!

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
In respect of the OP's original question...

You'll struggle to improve the image quality simply because the AV unit only accepts a composite video signal input.

Other than using a coaxial cable it is the worst way of sending video as the bandwidth is very narrow with hideous interference within the analogue signal.

You're limited to 480i or 576i resolution maximum. Add in all the carrier signal interference inherent in a composite cable and what you see is about the best you'll get.

Image sharpness can be improved by using better quality cabling with more shielding but resolution won't get anya better I'm afraid.

Reactions: E3BLS

·
Registered
439 Posts
I'm sure you'd be along just as quickly to tell us if you did kerb a wheel or graze a bumper right?

We're not all blessed with cat like space awareness so maybe give the OP some useful advice if you have any or just not bother.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts