GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
over the last couple of days i have been changing my rear subframe bushes to polybush type ones after one of the standard ones split ...
what a nightmare they are to get out ..to anyone contemplating this job do not attempt this unless you have some type of big air chisel and i mean big i tried one of the small air chisels worst than useless..!!! i ended up using my makita sds drill in chisel mode ..

anyway while refitting the diff and subframe i grabbed hold of both of the driveshafts where they go into the diff and i noticed slight play NOT.. in and out movement... but side to side i.e. if i grab the shaft and pull it backwards and fowards there is around 1-2mm or so of sideways play ..is this normal or are the bearings on the diff housing knackered ..

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
come on guys surely someone can pop under there 32gtr and give the rear driveshafts a good tug
at the point where they go into the diff pulling back to front or up and down ...:thumbsup:

i've got to travel across europe next week in this car and the last thing i want is the diff to go bang ..!!..:bawling:

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
come on ladies ..!! someone must be able to help or have you all got bad backs and are unable to get under your cars ...!!!

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
Checked mine today for you - no play - but the diff is fresh rebuilt and the shafts are brand new, as are the rear wheel bearings.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Checked mine today for you - no play - but the diff is fresh rebuilt and the shafts are brand new, as are the rear wheel bearings.
thanks for that mate ...:thumbsup:

mine must need some work then ...are the bearings where the output flanges are on the diff just normal replaceable bearing races available from BSL ..or similar
or are they a special bearing ...?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts