GTR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes I put the HKS ETC into the option mode with the RED light and this makes the GTR RWD just for fun!!. Noticed the other day that when I've been doing it recently their seems to be noticeable resistance to turning out of junctions with a bit of steering lock on. Switching back to the off postition and the resistance goes immediately. Also slightly noticeable when in straight line at speed - feels a little like it ads a bit of resistance.

Could it be time to change my diff oil? only noticed it in this cold weather could that be coincidenc and just the diff oil be cold and thick?? Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Presumably, being a V-Spec, the system is getting a bit confused and telling the rear diff to add clamping pressure to the plates to increase the break away torque in the unit. It will add understeer, and wear rear tyres out faster during manoeuvring.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
chris,

thanks for the response.. yup I think it is putting clamping pressure on too. Maybe its always done it but the oil getting tired and its more noticeable now. I've not had the diff oil changed in 3years guess i should look there first.. Dont worry engine oil is done every 2-3k miles!!. Not too worried as its fine in standard GTR ATTESA mode.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Once my race 2WD GTR is done I want to experiment with a V spec rear diff in it and initially just playing with the plate preload via a knob on the dash. So much easier than changing plates or ramp angles inside the diff itself :) Then maybe look to active control based on a track map.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts