GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All,

This is a copy of the mail I posted in the wanted section. Please let me know your views:

I have done some homework and have found someone with a set of moulds for a rear diffuser off a GT-2 car. We are now looking to see if we can modify this to fit seamlessly onto the rear of an R-33. We will be most likely replacing the bumper in it's entirety, with a completely new bumper / rear diffuser set up. The shape is not dissimilar to the R-34 diffuser however, it's more exaggerated and generally more 'in your face'. The final construction will be from 4mm Fibreglass, to keep the strength up and the cost down. This will be a professionally produced product, designed by a close friend of mine, which I will, if we go ahead, be fitting to my vehicle.

The only issue is cost. In order to manufacture the original mould, it will cost a lot of cash with each of the individual castings being obviously a lot less to produce. I would need the commitment of at least five people before a production run will be initiated. The cost would be around £500 per unit.

This is just a pipe dream at the moment (a serious one nevertheless), although if I get enough of a response from this post, who knows? Obviously at this time, there would be no commitment, but I would like to see roughly the volume of people interested.

Please let me know you interest and comments.

Regards,

Rupert

·
Registered
312 Posts
Diffuser

If plans are in place for looking at making a rear diffuser for an 33, if there was enough interest would consideration also be given to accomodate R32's as well???

Cheers

Stu

·
Registered
666 Posts
I am interested.
Accurate pics of the GT-2 diffuser would be nice to see.
Keep me posted
Ged

·
Registered
34 Posts
Rear Diffuser

Definately interested in the diffuser/rear bumper thing. Chat on my mobile if you like 07768 255622 if you go ahead, but if it looks similar to the pic then very interested.

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
If it looks good and performs well then I'm interested. The one I really like is the Veilside rear diffuser which has more undertray styling than just replacing the rear bumper. Any ideas what it would look like - Veilside or as per DCD's picture.

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
If it looks good and performs well then I'm interested. The one I really like is the Veilside rear diffuser which has more undertray styling than just replacing the rear bumper. Any ideas what it would look like - Veilside (below) or as per DCD's picture?

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Rupert,

Has any progress been made on this yet. Anything along the lines of the pictures posted by myself or Keith would, I think, generate quite a bit of interest.

John

1 - 10 of 10 Posts