GTR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The search button didn't reveal much.

Has anyone has any success with fitting a rear facing baby seat in a R33?

I don't fancy the thought of spending hours at mothercare or similar finding out.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I would suggest you spend time at mothercare......I had a badly fitting seat in my Almera, couldnt be arsed to get one fitted properly and had a crash writing off my almera before I got round to doing anything about it.....I dread to think if my son had been in the seat at the time of the accident as to how much protection it would have given as it moved a heck of a lot...

go and get one sorted properly....:)

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Tigger is right Andy, and you'd never forgive yourself if anything happened.

Those places aren't the greatest of places to spend time I agree, but for important stuff like baby seats, it has to be done properly. Fortunately for me, there was a woman in the vicinity that took care of that :thumbsup:

But I did go mental when she came home with one that cost 480 quid!! :chairshot

It was a combination pushchair, carry cot, and car seat. Nice bit of kit, but all I kept thinking was, four hundred and eighty ****ing quid, on a pram ffs.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Just remembered something. I think there might be an issue with rear facing baby seats and air bags. I'd ask she who knows but she's asleep at the moment.

·
Registered
618 Posts
rearfacing babyseats are a big no no when combined with an airbag!

One of the skyline owners here in sweden had a rearfacing seat in his R32 though!

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can disable the airbag, no worries there.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Being a mum myself I can tell you that you can safely get a rear-facing seat in. Halfords is your best bet!! Great choice of seats, free fitting and advice etc...

·
Registered
159 Posts
and... one with a narrower base such as Britax First Class Plus Child Car Seat Benno is great because they seem to fit better in the seating. Unless you have changed your rear seats from standard?

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is the Britax First Class Plus Child Car Seat Benno a rear facing seat?

·
Registered
159 Posts
It is a Stage 0 to 1+ which means it will last from birth to approximately age 4. Starts as rear-facing then becomes forward facing when baby gets to a certain weight :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts