GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you do about a rear foglight?
Mine is a bolt on one, but I quite like it. It says to me that my car is Japanese.
Just wondering what everyone else has and what they think?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I changed my right reverse light to a fog light that way you dont lose a couple of your brake lights!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm, they are very nice. I just can't justify anymore unecessary expence on the car right now.
I've spent far too much on it already! Need to calm things down and re-build some finance.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
reverse light is the easiest, neatest and best way of doing it imo. just make sure it's the right hand side
Sorry if I'm being thick here, but what's the crack then, a high output red bulb? (Re-wired from the foglight)

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, that is a nice neat job. I don't want to be cutting the OE bumper though.

·
Registered
656 Posts
What do you do about a rear foglight?
Mine is a bolt on one, but I quite like it. It says to me that my car is Japanese.
Just wondering what everyone else has and what they think?
The size of your rear number plate says that your car is from Japan!;)

My R32 has one of the reversing lights converted. Whatever you decide to do, bin what you currently have, it's naff.:runaway:

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Whatever you decide to do, bin what you currently have, it's naff.:runaway:
lol. That's probably what I was expecting anyway. Yeah, I know.
Deep down that's probably why I posted this anyway.
Right, reverse light conversion it is. What about this bulb thing?

·
Registered
243 Posts
The size of your rear number plate says that your car is from Japan!;)

My R32 has one of the reversing lights converted. Whatever you decide to do, bin what you currently have, it's naff.:runaway:
same here my right reverse light has been converted into my rear fog, with a tidy little switch with an LED on it

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
You only need one operational reversing light to pass an MOT.
Therefore disconnect on reversing light add a red high output bulb. Rewire to act as a fog light.

One MOT friendly fog light that doesnt need and horrible additional lights.

I also used a Nissan 200sx standard fog light switch fitted in the centre consol for that factory fitted look.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I've got one of those big ugly ones dangling from my 32's bumper too. Was wanting to do soemthing with it to get it out the way a bit, without cutting into the bumper. One idea I had was converting the reverse light, but never knew it was a common mod, so now I know it can be done, I may have to sort that out.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Well, the R33 has two rear reverse lights, so it looks a lot better and cleaner to just get a red light and whack it in one of the reverse lights and re wire it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts