GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Following from having the side panels and sub box covered in leather to improve the feel of the interior, I have now had the seats re trimmed in leather to add some interest and quality to the back.

I posted about it in my thread but would imagine it wouldn't be seen there and might be of some interest so thought am linking to it here.

It's not installed in the car yet, but you'd get the idea!

It's an exact copy of the front seats down to stitching, colour and font of the recaro embroidery, position of perforated panels, separation and orientation of the perforation holes.

I was asked why add the Recaro badge but my answer is to match the front and add sone extra colour/ interest to the back.

Don't know pricing yet as I've not paid and it wasn't agreed in advance! I took a risk as it was initially a one off but I suspect there will be interest.

Here's the link: http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/163185-my-modification-thread-litchfield-stage-124.html#post2625865

·
Registered
206 Posts
I think they look awesome, can't wait to see them in the car as this was one of the things on the top of my mod list!!! Just finished reading your build thread over the last few nights and I take my hat off to you for the experimenting and development that you have done. Amazing car and a very interesting and informative read for a GT-R newbie...thanks for sharing.
Although I fear it might have an effect on my personal spending in the next year :)

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Maybe it's just the picture but is the Recaro font bigger on the back seats than the original front seats? I am sure it looks smaller on my front seats. Either way, looking good Adam.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
It's because the rear seats are smaller I think.

Have to say I think they look good, although I would personally only have the wording on the front..

Look forward to seeing what they look like fitted. :)
And seeing what the cost is to get a pair done.

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I also think it's because the rears are smaller.

I like the recaro, I do have an issue that they aren't recaro seats but the car is a Recaro version GT-R, so I just see it as confirmatory labeling.

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
I'm with Richard - looks great but I'd leave the recaro off.
That said I understand it's all personal choice / taste.

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
I like them, the quality of work looks good and personally think its a nice touch...interested in price too when available :thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts