GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking of replacing the rear panel on the boot that says "Skyline" with one of the lit up panels.

Im not usually a fan of silly exteror lighting but I think that this actually looks pretty good personally.

Were these always modified from the stock part or were they available to purchase as a kit so that is you use your brakes or have your lights on they would light up and if so where can I purchase a full kit?

Many Thanks

Jamie

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
What car do you have, ive a feeling this mod is easier on an R33 than other skylines, as the Gtst has a clear rear Skyline panel, so if you have a GTR you can modify one to light up just the "Skyline" bit by masking the name from the surround and the illuminating it from behind. I think quite allot of the guys on the skylineownersclub.com have done this mod if that helps.
;)
bob

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Skylineowners is the place for that. Don't do it though, it's so tacky. Reminds me of those people who have massive sunstrips that say the cars make. Like chav corsas with vauxhall in massive letters.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Actually scott on here has an r32GTR with the Factory Option illuminated panel and little illuminated skyline signs at the base of the rear side windows, they kind of glow rather than light brightly and are high voltage powered through transformers i believe - they look pretty darn cool if you ask me.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What car do you have, ive a feeling this mod is easier on an R33 than other skylines, as the Gtst has a clear rear Skyline panel, so if you have a GTR you can modify one to light up just the "Skyline" bit by masking the name from the surround and the illuminating it from behind. I think quite allot of the guys on the skylineownersclub.com have done this mod if that helps.
;)
bob
I have an R33 GTR mate, im still just thinking about it but I do like it and im not sure if I would have it connected to a switch/come on with the lights or come on as the brake is applyed.

Any help with getting this done would be great cheers.

Jamie

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Ive got one of those panels for my 32 too, its stopped working before i got the car but when i get some time im going to get it working with red strip LED's, say 12 for normal use and 24 for a brake light.
(im too good to you!)
vvvvvvvv
Two more skyline led panels - Skyline Owners Forum
:)
bob

·
Registered
26,292 Posts
on the 32 they look nice (as per scotts one, last time i saw it was that the HWH meet about a year ago)

on a 33 they do look totally pony

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
on the 32 they look nice (as per scotts one, last time i saw it was that the HWH meet about a year ago)

on a 33 they do look totally pony
I saw a youtube vid on a 33 gtr and personally liked the look but im still just researching tbh.

·
Registered
26,292 Posts
I saw a youtube vid on a 33 gtr and personally liked the look but im still just researching tbh.
just think maybe back in 1991 they were ok but not 2009!

everytime i see one, i think GTS,

and more often than not its on a GT-S with a GTR boot lid / spoiler etc

and some sort of "under glow" kit

i dont think you need to advertise your car like a christmas tree when driving at night ;)

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
just think maybe back in 1991 they were ok but not 2009!

everytime i see one, i think GTS,

and more often than not its on a GT-S with a GTR boot lid / spoiler etc

and some sort of "under glow" kit

i dont think you need to advertise your car like a christmas tree when driving at night ;)
Hey I know what you saying matt and I agree to an extent. Im not a fan AT ALL of underglow lighting kits etc etc but I do kinda like the lit up skyline on the rear dont know why just do. No im never gonna go to the extent of having say flashing or multi coloured LED lights going off to light up the skyline part but red to go with the brake lights I feel would just add a nice touch to the rear.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts