GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Have removed my complete HICAS system and now I have to change the rear outer ball joints as they are both pretty worn (both dust caps are damaged and one of them is already makes creaking noises).

My question is, is there any possibility to change them without disassembling the rear suspension and without using a press???

Cheers,

Leo

·
Premium Member
3,836 Posts
Do a search on here as there was a discussion about before. It is possible as far as I remember.

I did mine off the car with a bench vise and sockets and some gentle heat from a plumbing torch. I also put new bearings, hubs and Nismo bushes and wheel studs in and smoothed out all the rough bits in the castings at the same time.

BTW - Do not hit the hub carrier with a hammer! Alloy suspension components and hammers are not a good combination.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi mate,

Thanks for the info :thumbsup:

Already found the thread. Should have done a search before, but was a litlle lazy yesterday ;)

Anyway, after reading the thread I think I'll disassemble the rear supension und use a press, as everything else seems to be even more hassle than I thought...

Cheers,

Leo

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I know you would already have done this Leo, (you know your stuff) but make sure you undo the rear hub bolt before taking the wheels off. A few people have had that trouble before.
;)
bob

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Yeah thats what i was meaning Leo buddy, if you take the hubs off without undoing them its supposed to be a nightmare to undo.
;)
bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts