GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys
Im looking to get either rear parking sensors or camera fitted. Firstly what's the general opinion on both and is there a Indi that supplies and fits these?

Cheers
Louie

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Personally I prefer the parking sensors as they see things you don't.
But as they can look a bit odd on the car unless they are a good colour match and I already have a camera I manage with that.

Most independents can fit both.
I know Sly at Kaizer Motor in Kent does both as I've previously discussed it with him.

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
I only ever had rear parking sensors and they worked fine...camera good but a few quid...Litchfields can fit sensors and cameras for you

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Personally I prefer the parking sensors as they see things you don't.
But as they can look a bit odd on the car unless they are a good colour match and I already have a camera I manage with that.

Most independents can fit both.
I know Sly at Kaizer Motor in Kent does both as I've previously discussed it with him.

Thanks Richard:thumbsup:
So im assuming that the sensors are not painted and need to be prior to install? Think the camera option is the way I would go. Does this fit in to the centre fin on the boot spoiler?

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Thanks Richard:thumbsup:
So im assuming that the sensors are not painted and need to be prior to install? Think the camera option is the way I would go. Does this fit in to the centre fin on the boot spoiler?
The sensors come unpainted.
Even if a Nissan main dealer fits them they have to paint them themselves before install.

The camera fits to a little bracket up where the number plate lights are.
There is a hollow there, so when it's fitted it's almost impossible to see.

·
Ooo Matron !
2,128 Posts
Mine's got a camera but I still turn my head and use all the mirrors. I like the idea of a camera but somehow I want to see for myself, if that makes sense.

·
Registered
9,080 Posts
I have both.

I retrofitted the sensors using Sextons London. The sensors they fit are fully flush mounted and MUCH more accurate than the crappy nissan ones.

·
Vendor
6,328 Posts
Hi I have both of mine, we do colour coded sensor kit supplied and fitted £165.00 I'm based in Birmingham 07973733441 if you pm your email address or phone number and if you have what'sapp I can send pics of them fitted to my daytona blue gtr

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi I have both of mine, we do colour coded sensor kit supplied and fitted £165.00 I'm based in Birmingham 07973733441 if you pm your email address or phone number and if you have what'sapp I can send pics of them fitted to my daytona blue gtr
Have sent message via what's app

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Got both on mine, came with camera fitted as standard but soon gets dirty! So now have had the sensors fittec as well.

If I had to choose it would be sensors every time.

Dave:thumbsup:

·
Registered
907 Posts
I just have the camera and find it very handy especially when reversing onto a road I can see the traffic I couldn't see using my mirrors alone.

·
Vendor
6,328 Posts
Camera is ok, but you can't beat parking sensors especially if like me you have to reverse through tight spaces or into garages

·
Premium Member
5,863 Posts
can the camera be fitted to non nav cars?

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
I know it's not a GTR but..

I had a reverse cam fitted to a double din I had back when I drove a Celica and didn't realise how much I missed it and just how much safer it made parking than since I switched to my DC5 and forgot to take the camera out the Celica when I sold it :(

Each has their pros and cons but I just wouldn't trust the sensors, but then again a camera might miss something that's just out of shot, so... Haha

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Camera is ok, but you can't beat parking sensors especially if like me you have to reverse through tight spaces or into garages
Well Im taking a trip up to Rabs on the 28th to get sensors fitted. Seen his and they are just the ticket!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
484 Posts
Are yours work better than the standard Nissan ones? i could be interested in set

·
Vendor
6,328 Posts
Ours work spot on, we've been installing these for around 10 years and never had a single issue with the proximity or fitment and the colour 90-100% match up. If you pm your email address or whatsapp me 07973733441 I can forward pics of them fitted to some cars we've done

·
Premium Member
5,863 Posts
Ours work spot on, we've been installing these for around 10 years and never had a single issue with the proximity or fitment and the colour 90-100% match up. If you pm your email address or whatsapp me 07973733441 I can forward pics of them fitted to some cars we've done
can the camera be fitted to non nav R35? thanks

1 - 20 of 21 Posts