GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!! Had a nasty in my R33 GTS Turbo about an hour ago :bawling::bawling::bawling: , basically to cut a long story short, only bought it about 3 months ago, beautiful car, always wanted one etc etc. Anyhows, fitted with massive tyres - 265s on the rear!!! But, there was a problem with rubbing on the arches if I had anyone in the back, or was giving it a bit of stick rounds the twisties. Mentioned this to the garage before I bought it, they checked and said they couldn't fit a problem - hang on, I said I was keeping this short didn't I? Anyway, coming home from work, round a corner, not hoofing it or owt, people in the car, tyres start rubbing, back end slides out majorly resulting in what would have been a lovely 360 degree spin had it not been for the kerb in the way......... Result of which, I now need a new lower wishbone on the rear passenger side :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: Anyone know of anywhere decent to get hold of one of these? Think that's all of the damage apart from to the rims, but if I can get that sorted at least I can get it home instead of left on the car park at work, and then have a proper look at it. Fair doos though, it has shit me up real good, not to mention upset me more than I really should get over a car, but I'm guessing you guys know what that's like. Knew I should have used the bike for work :mad: The way I'm thinking at the moment, fix the skyline up, then I'll stick to two wheeled transport in the future (I'm a lot better rider than driver), and just keep the skyline to polish and stare at, and wish I was good enough to drive it properly :bawling:

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
I posted a reply on your other thread Stu. :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bugger, just got one - it's on it's way. Thanks anyway dude. Ae they easy enough to change over? Have set aside tomorrow to get the car back home, take the old one off, and check for damage elsewhere, so (hopefully) it'll all be ready for when the new one arrives...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wishbone sorted and on. New steering arm needed, but that's sorted courtesy of AndyZ - cheers buddy!! :) Apart from that, the rim took a little dent, not much of one, but getting that sorted too, then hopefully the GTS-t will live again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts