GTR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, thinking of getting a new exhaust at some point before i do was just wondering if i replaced the rear section/back box pipes with straight pipe... What the effects would be? Louder obviously...
Much else? Anyone done this sort of thing? I know on the e92 M3s they do something very similar and it sounds great

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
Sam, if you need a fabricator to modify your existing system let me know. The guy who does all the fabrication and welding for our race team is based at Towcester, top quality and very reasonably priced. He is an ex F1 guy who now works from home.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What do you think barry? Good idea? I was thinking worth a try... Get some more noise put of her...
Do you have a contact number bud

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Do you mean like this?

Bobby

·
Registered
1,081 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
That pic is a meisterR 90mm system. Straight through, no silencers. Yes it's loud but not quite as ridiculous as you think. The guys who fitted mine at Litchfields thought it was gonna be stupidly loud looking at it as well. Probably not friendly but I've not actually db tested mine yet. Ive got the downpipes sat in my garage waiting to go on. Now that's when things should get silly!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts