GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I have looked at many photos of R33 GTR and all have the spoiler in the top most position. I on the other hand do not have it up the top it is 3rd 1down slight limited rear view vision i suppose. Has any one else changed there set up after all there is 4 settings. Thank you.

Please feel free to say why.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
for normal road driving top position.
but defo needs to go to bottom for the track...
but if you leave it there for the road, your MPG (partically on the motorway) goes down the toilet....

·
Administrator
31,759 Posts
but if you leave it there for the road, your MPG (partically on the motorway) goes down the toilet....
...and it feels like you are dragging a parachute!

I call this setting "Full ****** mode" thanks to my friends when i last went to Germany

mook

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Mine was imported with the spoiler down - couldnt see anything behind me so I raised it the very next day - much better, been there ever since.

Ive seen another position where the blade has been bolted further back, looked quite cool and im tempted to do that when I get hold of the right bit to remove the blade.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Ive seen another position where the blade has been bolted further back, looked quite cool and im tempted to do that when I get hold of the right bit to remove the blade.
have you got a pic?

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
does the whole spoiler move on the 33 or does just the rear section move like the 34?

when you say in the down position i guess you mean so the spoiler sits at a angle rather than flat?

More angle mean more downforce but also more drag?

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
does the whole spoiler move on the 33 or does just the rear section move like the 34?

when you say in the down position i guess you mean so the spoiler sits at a angle rather than flat?

More angle mean more downforce but also more drag?
think i have answered my own question here after looking at some pics of 33's!

The whole spoiler moves on a 33 hence you cant see out the rear window. ?

So how good is the spoiler on a 33 compared to a 34? I guess the 34 one works better as i would guess they improved the design hence they changed it?

If so does the 34 spoiler cause loads of drag ?

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Interesting thread, having a rwd gtst I was keen to ensure maximum traction so i put a GTR spoiler on, initially I had it at maximum angle for maximum down force, but as mentioned it did feel like you were dragging the car around. I then changed it to the second setting, a comprimise between drag and downforce. To be honest you can only really feel it working at highish speeds (which on public roads you rarely get a chance to do).

Incidentally I drove the car briefly without any spoiler and it made the car feel very "floaty" at high speeds.

It would be interesting to find out how other aerodynamic / down force inducing mods like front splitters, canards etc effect the handling of the car.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts