GTR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive done some searching but nothing complete i can find about this.

my rear steering rack has some play in it and the general concensus is im better of without it anyway.

if i get the driftworks complete rear hicas eliminator kit im assuming thats got everything in there for the mechanicals of locking the rear wheels in position.

so i will be left with 2 steering fluid hoses at the back of the car, can i just join the hoses together with a male male union and the cars electronics / hicas dash light wont know anythings changed and freak out ?

ive read with hicas fully removed front steering goes very heavy at slow speeds so i want to avoid this if possible ?

any advice would be much appreciated peeps.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Karl, ive driven a fair few with out hicas and the steering does not feel any heavier at low speeds and if it does then its not that much. Usually the hicas light is on if remove the rack, if it bothers you that much then just take the bulb out.

Tony

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
unsure about the front but the driftwork kit eliminates all the joints on the back so proper fixed no play and also driftworks do all the polly bushes aswell i did all my bushes at the same time apart from subframe ones as alot of people say make the ride very harsh but think good if you drift m8

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
so i will be left with 2 steering fluid hoses at the back of the car, can i just join the hoses together with a male male union and the cars electronics / hicas dash light wont know anythings changed and freak out ?
You can, but your much better off getting a very small loop of hose made up inplace, or ripping out the power steering pump and replacing it with a R33 item.

Remaining hicas lines can be left for later use as fuel lines, or rip them out for weight saving if you don't think you will need them for that.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
This has already been done to death ....
You can pull the p/s steer pump to bits and remove the rear pump centre and vanes and put it back together.
I did this on mine and shortened the shaft and removed the rear housing as well (its modular like a dry sump pump)
You can leave the steel lines in place to use a fuel lines when you build your 800hp engine or remove them completely like I did.
You can remove the solenoid from the plenum side of the engine bay.
You can remove the p/s cooler.
Just route the line back into the rack.
Remove the bulb from the dash
......If you unplug the hicas ecu, the steering will be heavy, if you leave it plugged in it will work fine without any of the hicas system in place ....like mine.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
fitted the driftworks eliminator today. thanks for the help people :)

removed everything and joined solenoid piping into cooler piping works a treat :thumbsup:

im now flatting the wheels ready for polishing

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello brothers! Sorry for bad English. I have a Skyline GTR32 and i have installed Driftworks Hicas eliminator kit, but i would like remove total Hicas system and installed a power steering pumps without return. GT-R Glenn has already done. I would like to know in detail how to do it. If you can get a tutorial on how to remove all the parts because I am Italian, and no one here knows how to do.
Which power steering pump can be taken to eliminate all hicas oil system?
thanks to all

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.