GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There's a tiny bit of wiggle in my rear left wheel, which after shaking the wheel on the lift, have narrowed it down definitively to the tierod and endrod assembly. Not sure if it's the endrod part or the tierod part, so best to replace both.

But...where do I order the thing? Finding turbos, blocks, cams, etc is easy, but finding the mundane stuff seems so difficult.

ah, btw, my car is HICAS-cancelled.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
If you dont have a POC across the way in Japan, you may have to use Middlehurst...$$$$. There numbers on here...and good luck getting just the part number from them..:runaway:

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what about aftermarket units? There seem to be a lot of "solid" tie rods "for drifting", for the S14, would they be compatible by any chance?

Also, what's the benefit of going with pillow-mount tension rods, like the Tein set?

419 Posts
What

Exactly do you mean "solid". they would not go up and down if they were "solid". LOL.:confused:

tony

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Old post but the only one I could find about the matter.

Ive just ordered one for my R32 and was wondering if you fitted the part by yourself? If so how easy/hard to fit and was a ramp needed?

Thanks Baz

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
did mine, well.....tried lol, the ball joint was no problem, just use a g-clamp and a suitable sized socket to press out and in.
the rod on the other hand i gave up with and just admitted defeat and swapped the whole rack lol.
would love to know how it comes apart and why mine wouldnt. it seems so easy!

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yep, after four years I'm pretty sure the ball joints sorted the issue, and my wheel bearings are fine :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts