GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody come up with any innovate ways to stop their rear view mirror rattling? The sound seems to be coming from where the ball joint meets the cup but since it's covered by the plastic casing I can't seem to solve it.

Next step will be to remove the whole shebang from the windscreen unless somebody can kindly save me the hassle

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
You can pull that part off and stick some sticky foam between the plastic edge and windscreen. It was annoying me so I did that.

To pull it off just wriggle it either side pulling outwards, it is made of 2 plastic pieces that clip together in the middle.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can pull that part off and stick some sticky foam between the plastic edge and windscreen. It was annoying me so I did that.

To pull it off just wriggle it either side pulling outwards, it is made of 2 plastic pieces that clip together in the middle.
Good stuff, thanks, will give it a go later on

·
Registered
72 Posts
I had this problem.it sounded like it was coming from behind the sat nav.It was indeed one of those screws behind the mirror slightly loose.Fixed at service time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts