GTR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As above, on a R32GTR.
I can hear the pump, the jets are clear, no water seepage anywhere else, tubes that I can see are connected & tight.
So..........why don't they work ??
Is is 'cos I'm a complete nobhead & there is a separate reservoir for the back ?
I've not had the car long, and the hand book is, as usual, in Japanese.
Ta in advance.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
the front tank feeds both front and rear. I'll bet the jets are clogged, even if they seem clear. The litmus test is to pull the hose off the bottom of the nozzle, then have someone squirt the spray. If it's coming out the tube, your system is fine all the way up to the nozzle, and I've always had clogging problems with Nissan nozzles. A blast of compressed air at the service shop through the tubing usually clears things up. But I've more than once had to just replace my completely jammed nozzles.

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Mine was exactly the same. Turned out to be a knackered 1 way valve. To get to it you need to remove the back seat backrest removing the two bolts at the side. Lift the seat portion up a good bit to disengage with the support. The one way valve is located on the parcel shelf, in the middle under the small bit of trim. I fitted a new one from Halfords and it worked a treat after that.

TT

1 - 4 of 4 Posts