GTR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 32 has started to develop a miss fire. Compression test on the engine show cylinders 4 and 5 to be as low as 80psi while the other are around the 130 mark.
This show what the probelm is and a new engine or rebuild are needed but which and either who to reuild the engine or can i just replace the rings. Or where can I get a low mileage RB26 from?

Anyone have any experience with turbofit in Milton Keynes as I've spotted anothe R32 with a big TurboFit Sunstrip and there close to me also.

·
Registered
717 Posts
If it was me i would opt for a rebuild rather than another used engine or buy an engine already built.

As for Turbofit do a search on here you will find the answers you want

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Already tried the search all that appears for Turbofit is couple of threads about an mapper called Dan and one about and Enzo. No comments about their workmanship, finish or ability.

·
Registered
213 Posts
It could just be a headgasket. The engine needs to come apart anyway, so why don't you take the head off then come back with the results?

Or just get a leakdown test done.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
I'd rebuild. I more or less started going the "buy a low mileage RB26" route, but after pasting on new pumps, every single gasket, and odds and ends I didn't know existed, and the "low mileage engine" had to be torn apart anyways to fix something inside the lower block....just rebuild. You know the condition of every bit and screw, and you can trust it completely - no mysteries.

If it's a gasket I've got a fresh unused head gasket I could sell ya. PM me if interested....

·
Registered
213 Posts
Take the dipstick out, if there's a brisk breeze coming out it's ring, otherwise my money's on gasket. Two adjacent cylinders losing compression is likely to be gasket though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts