GTR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, im re-shelling a R33 GTR,

While the engine is out i am hoping to rebuild it. I know the standard internals run safley up to 550ish hp. I am on a tight budget and wanted to have the engine safe up to around 700hp. What are the components that actually fail the majority of the time when the boost is cranked. I assumed pistons, rings and pins but are the rods and fault zone? What sort of power will they run to? Does the crank need to be run through a hardening process and again what sort of hp will that stand?

Like i said i am running on a tight budget. I was looking at wossner forged pistons, rings and pins. With possibly fitting eagle conrods if nessecary. Both of these brands are quite cheap compared to the likes of HKS but seem to have decent reviews. Has anybody fitted these before and how do they perform?? Also can sumbody recomend a good brand of cam, journal and rod bearings?

Also aside from the head gasket, can anyone recomend a good full gasket set thats not massively expensive. Im hoping to rebuild the internals for less than £2000, not including oil pump, sump baffles ect.

Shaun :confused:

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
If you want to go cheaper go for ARP rodbolts and ACL bearing for the crank and rods. Get the crank checked and cleaned, other treatment is not a necessity.

The Nissan gasketset will do fine for upto about 1.4 bar. Std headgaskets don't blow because of boost but because of detonation. Just get it mapped properly!
The pistons could do with a change to something uprated to make sure the ringlands don't crack under high pressure ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
just price out eagle H-beam rods (already have ARP hardware included), wiseco pistons, nissan oem gasket kit, tomei poncams, ARP headstuds, & ACL bearings, like freakazoid3 mentioned. Get your rotating assembly balanced for sure and invest in a crank damper like ATI and an oil pump like nismo, tomei, jun thats where you dont wanna cheap out, get a good oil pump

I used all those parts in my build and the engine is going strong at 510awhp @ 26psi so it'll handle whatever you can throw at it unless your pockets never empty :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts