GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much can you get from a rebuilt R34GTR turbos(steel internals and flow prepp) would it be as much power as from GTS-SS ? and how much laggier if will 2530 or GTS-SS be ? Iam after around 450-500 awhp .

Thanx in advance

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Worth doing a search as there were some quite long threads on this recently.

I have GT-SS and really rate them.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Highest Result I have seen people claim.

R34 (normal internal) - 420bhp ATH
GT-SS - 460bhp ATH
2530 - 510 ATH

I am not 100% sure on the lag yet. It also greatly depend on the motor specs. Such as what CAM, headwork, increase displacement, etc?

Yes, there is a long thread on here recently...take a look into it. ;)

·
Registered
889 Posts
i would like to know this, as i have upgraded r34 turbos with hkst3g housing
been told they willl support 600bhp ,bbut what do i know,:confused:

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
I think R34 GTR have a smaller compresser housing than a GT-SS, so it should have less lag.

Assuming you do not change the specs of the blade, a R34 Turbo can make 420 ATH ~ 500 @ Fly.

That turbo is small, so I would say 1.4 bar will be max out for it, if not 1.3 bar with steel internal.

Very good power for the boost threshold I would say. However, it still isn't big power.

As for R34 Turbo with new housing supporting 600bhp, I would have to say that can be possible. GT-SS only can make between 520bhp - 550bhp, with a RB30, maybe 600 bhp at a push. I think it also use a T3 housing, so that mean they change your R34 Turbo into a GT-SS. depending on the specs of the blade. I am not too good once you get into those area. :p

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanx to everyone that responded seems that HKS2530 or GT2560 would be the best for me.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
I have 480 at the wheels on GT-SS (but it's on a 2.8). You can tell from the boost curve that the turbos are basically maxed there.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
HKS GT-SS Turbo's

Are good on a 2.6 engine at 1.4 bar

With Tomei Poncams & Pulleys maxed out at around 480/550 bhp

Never seen them pushed for splash and dash to 1.6 bar though

Currently runninhg the above with standard cams at 1.2 bar with 370/440 bhp

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
TURBOKONGEN said:
What boost are you running to get 480whp with the GT-SS (I assume this is WHP and nor ATH) ?
The boost peaks at 1.4 but it can't sustain it on the 2.8 litre and falls off to 1.3. It is measured awhp; the flywheel estimate is 587 IIRC

Actually - now that I remember the numbers are PS not HP, so slightly lower in HP terms.

IMO 1.6 on GT-SS is completely pointless and will just reduce the operating life of the turbos.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I have a 2.8l myself with HKS GT2510`s .
Ported cyl head , ported intake and ported throttle bodies and ported turbines .
It is probably worthless then to run the GT2510`s more than 1.3-1.4 bar as they reach their limit there .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts