GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running apexi BOV's so while i have got my front bumper off i am going to remove all the standard recirculation pipes and block them off close to the turbo's, less clutter/weight and all that.
Is there any reason why i should not do this?
Thanks.

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
No, crack on. I've removed all mine.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Andy.
I was thinking about this and i think it may reduce lag slightly due to not having to suck the air through those pipes first?
Did you block yours off right near the turbos or in the wheelarch?

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
I don't use BOV's, I use overboost valves so I have no pipework at all.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I removed all the pipework off mine and blocked them off at the turbo's.
just put bungs in the rubber pipes that come off the turbo's.
I didn't notice any performance changes from doing it, but it tidied up the engine bay a bit from all those unnecessary pipes.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys.
Just got to find the right size bungs now!

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
They are marketed as an extra install in case the standard BOV's fails but there probably is a very good reason why they market them as an extra and not a replacement.

Maybe they have a short life span if the duty cycle is too high i.e. that's why they are marketed as a back up device and not a replacement for a BOV.

If I were you I would drop Greddy an email and ask why they are not counted as a BOV replacement just in case Andy.

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
I've looked into this and I can see any reason not to use them like I am. I know it might seem a little odd and perhaps a tad crude, but it saves me nearly 1 second in boost recovery time every gearchange.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts