GTR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just broke a wheel nut ( lightweight type ) while attaching the wheel by hand with a wheel brace......ok i know should know better than to buy off e bay :chairshot

but ....live and learn eh..

THE QUESTION IS............

do any of you lads have any recomendations on the lightweight wheel nuts front

MUST BE BLACK as .......black car...... black wheels .....see the theme lol

Thanks

Nigel :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

·
Registered
26,890 Posts
volks / rays come in black

i use nismo on mine , :)

i lost the locking nut, but all the nismo lock keys are identical

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
matty are they BIG ££ ??

would still like lightweight ones and like the idea of internal drive ( not as strong ? ) as less likely that some spotty oink with a 19mm socket will relieve me of them ..........

·
Registered
26,890 Posts
about £100

ironically i have a full set which im going to have to bin as i only wanted the locking nut out of the packet

edited to say the full set of nismo nuts are no good to you without the locker

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I had ultralight ones on mine in black but i had to break them off as some seized on and some rounded the internal bit where the key goes. i would never touch them again personally.

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Don't buy Alloy ones for a start.. They are banned from all Motorsport for a reason... Buy something that is not made of chocolate !!!!

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i thought they made tea pots and fireguards out of chocolate !!!!!

why would they make wheel nuts out of it as well ???

sounds silly to me

tongue planted firmly in cheek........

·
Registered
820 Posts
Don't buy Alloy ones for a start.. They are banned from all Motorsport for a reason... Buy something that is not made of chocolate !!!!
We use alloy ones on the front wheels of our super saloon speedway car. Not banned from all motorsport mate.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
on the ultralite web site it reads.....

Our internal drive lug nuts have a special brass band (exposed above for indication).Cheap internal lug nuts may split leaving the wheel stuck on the hub!!
These wheel nuts must be lubricated with copper grease every time they are refitted

looks like the ones i got did'nt have the "special brass band"

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
aeroplanes are mostly made from aluminium alloy they don't seem to melt.... they do okay ...:D

the lightweight nuts get stuck because people don't copper grease them when they remove and refit them
i once had some anodised dust caps they looked great ....they completly siezed on the valves and i had to replace all the wheel valves ..because i didn't use copper slip..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts