GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just had my run flats removed and had a new set of mpss fitted by the great bunch down litchfield today and was wondering what the recommend tyre pressures are please, the car feels like a different car with these on very impressed as the ride is not so choppy and hard

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
35psi cold and removes some of the bounce....

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
I'm still on the MPSS and they are much better for me at 35psi all round but i reckon i will go RF the next time she needs some new boots. The squirm and bounce just does not give the same confidence for me....wet weather grip is infinitely better but i tend to only use mine in the dry so the MPSS benefits are kind of lost on me.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Mine must be too low then?
Personally i would have said yes but others running them at various pressures and i think it comes down to what feel you are looking for from them. I'm getting very even wear at 35psi cold and prefer the feedback although still preferred the car on the RF's

·
Registered
244 Posts
Personally i would have said yes but others running them at various pressures and i think it comes down to what feel you are looking for from them. I'm getting very even wear at 35psi cold and prefer the feedback although still preferred the car on the RF's
Well I will give that pressure and see how we get on.

Have had a few issues with the tyres intermittently losing pressure after standing for a while.

Si

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Steve I will go straight to 35 then :) unfortunately I bought the car without checking the tyres :rolleyes: so they where very warn on the inner edge which made the car very skittish and didn't do the car or the tyre any justice I am sure it would have been a different story if they where new on the car lol

·
Registered
244 Posts
Thanks Steve I will go straight to 35 then :) unfortunately I bought the car without checking the tyres :rolleyes: so they where very warn on the inner edge which made the car very skittish and didn't do the car or the tyre any justice I am sure it would have been a different story if they where new on the car lol
Similar to me, when I first bought mine litchfield said to check the inner edge of all the tyres as thd R35 runs a negative camber and will wear here first.

Good advice aswell as all four were worn, so managed to get the price knocked down, bought the car straight to litchfield for service and Tyres so never had any proper driving on the RF's.

Si

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Similar to me, when I first bought mine litchfield said to check the inner edge of all the tyres as thd R35 runs a negative camber and will wear here first.

Good advice aswell as all four were worn, so managed to get the price knocked down, bought the car straight to litchfield for service and Tyres so never had any proper driving on the RF's.

Si
That's exactly the same as me I bought the car drove it striaght to litchfield for a full service , check the car over which they then said the tyres we're wane and needed replacing ,then got a stage one and one of their warrantys drove the car back home went out a couple of times and work has been manic and just went back there today and had the mpss fitted :)

·
Registered
244 Posts
That's exactly the same as me I bought the car drove it striaght to litchfield for a full service , check the car over which they then said the tyres we're wane and needed replacing ,then got a stage one and one of their warrantys drove the car back home went out a couple of times and work has been manic and just went back there today and had the mpss fitted :)
That's the next job Stage 1, prob get done the next service along with gearbox software update.

Si

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Chaps....best bang for your buck is stage 4 with the DP's.....you know it makes sense:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts