GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a good Inline Filter recommendation for a 600-650bhp engine, using larger bore fuel lines (custom setup), on a Bosch 044 Pump.?

Could do with a specific filter and not just brand.

Seen a few Aeromotive Filters on EBay, just not sure which one would work out the best for me?

Thanks.

Laurence

·
Registered
70 Posts
Earls inline filter.

Just out of interest, what does the rest of your fuel setup consist? What injectors? Surge tank? Is the 044 an additional pump?

·
Premium Member
3,840 Posts
Mine came from japan with an 044 in the boot with a Bosch filter - haven't got the part number to hand but local parts factors said it was Mk1 Golf Gti part number.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry I didn't reply sooner.

The Fuel System is under construction really, just putting the parts together.

It will consist of;

- Stock Fuel Tank.
- Uprated In Tank Pump (Stock fitment) - Used as a Lifter Pump (Unknown Brand/Flow as of yet)
<lifter pumps fuel to 2Litre Surge Tank>
- Surge Tank with return, overflow, entry and exit.
- Bosch 044 External Fuel Pump After Surge Tank
- *Inline Filter* After Bosch 044.
- Fuel Feed Line in -8 Braided Line.
- Up to Y Piece connection Earl fitting in Engine Bay
- 2 Seperate Fuel Feeds for either end of a Trust Fuel Rail with 720cc Injectors.
- Return Pipe from Fuel Rail to Electrical Fuel Pressure Sender Unit for use of Electrical Fuel Pressure Meter.
- Then after Pressure Sender, return line goes to SARD Type RJ Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator.
- -8 Return Line to Surge Tank

Just want a good quality inline filter after the pump, There's quite a few from the Aeromotive stable with 2000lb/hr of fuel rating & 0.5 psi drop
, something like; this one on Ebay

Would this be alright?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm trying to sort out a similar setup at the moment. I've been told that a single 044 external (with stock GTR lifter) will be sufficient to feed 700cc injectors at up to around 2 bar boost. On the other hand I've also had opinions from ppl who have fit an extra 044 as 'protection.'

It's all a bit confusing to be honest!

One recommendation - I'd be fitting the gauge on the inlet side, just before the Y fitting. That's how Tomei recommends you do it and it makes sense as you are measuring the flow to the rail.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts