GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any thoughts on best products to use for anti-corrosion on underside/chassis of GT-R's. I've seen a few folk rate ACF50 and Bilt Hamber (Dynax S50 etc) which are spray on I believe. Anyone used these or rate something else?

I've read the "Rusty" thread and there is some good advice there to keep checking everything and deal with any issues ASAP.

Had mine checked at last service (last month) when all undertrays came off, it was up on a ramp getting inspected, and it was OK, but I want it to stay that way as long as possible, and just want to do it right.

Looking at giving the underside of mine a good wash, clean and then protect - seems a good time to do it following the recent weather and salt/grit on roads. If others have had a go at this, I'd welcome your thoughts on what works, best methods etc. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
There's no magic to it, All common sense really....

Get yourself a good compressor and one of those professional waxoyl guns you see like mine pictured below. Use any of the rust prevention treatments you wish as they all give pretty much similar results when used properly.

What makes the difference though is how often you apply these coatings. Most available rust treatments are soluble thanks to the tree huggers, Which means that just six months of everyday use on British roads will compromise any protection already done!

So if you love your chosen chariot and intend to keep it forever, Spend at least two weekends per year (if you use your Nissan daily in all weathers and on all types of roads) to clean off any dirt underneath your vehicle....redo any compromised areas effected by common road detritus and finally use copious amounts of ones chosen rust inhibitor everywhere (hence the gun pictured above!) especially in the hard to reach places and box section chassis areas.

Do all this and your car shall remain as solid as Nissan's engineers intended!

HTH!:)

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks K66 SKY, some very useful advice there. I didn't realise about the need to keep applying it though solubility is definitely an issue, I agree. Makes it worthwhile to get the proper kit and do it right. Finally got something meaningful to spend those xmas vouchers on!! :chuckle:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts