GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my new White R35 and looking to see if anyone has any recommendations and photos for polish and wax products?

I like to do it myself and had been an Autoglym man for years but for the last few years been using Autostmart polish and wax. I find the polish good, the wax hard to work with, but does give a deep clean glossy shine that last for ages.

Any pics too would be nice

Cheers
Ronan :bowdown1:

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
I always like poorboys products. They go on without fuss and look great. Entry level pricing too.

I use wax on my wheels as this helps with brake dust and cleaning but tend to use sealants on the body as I prefer the shine and longer lasting protection they afford.

I use the poorboys EX+ which is their sealant and also has carnubu in it (which I appreciate is wax).

I also use this ontop of their Diamond Bright polish which is a nice polish with a filler in which helps with swirl marks.

If your interested in trying the sealant, I have surplus bottle of it for sale (along with some other items you might be interested in here: http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/327201-r35-cleaning-detailing-products.html)

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
They make it just for the R35?

Yes. I also have the versions specifically for the skyline advertised too if you're interested.... :D

·
Registered
150 Posts
Auto finesse range , used most of it and nothing there I don't like , plenty of choices for different budgets too

Used a lot on mine

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a white one & use Cquartz UK topped off with reload & topped up with reload or hydro2 (depending on the weather)

I've used all sorts over the years & won't bother trying other products cos I'm just so happy with the results.

Gave my car a quick machine polish / clay bar routine before applying the cquartz.

Beading is amazing & the rear end is alot easier to keep clean.

Love Hydro2. Must be the easiest product I have ever used.

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
Wow car looks good. I do the same, meguiars 205 machine polish but used R222 paint cleanser first,m and then car pro intense oil and polish cleanser, then applied the c quartz.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I Use the Hexlogic pads by Chemical guys. I have the white polishing pad (low cutting)
Orange (Med to high Cutting) polish pad and then the black finishng pad.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts