GTR Forum banner

recommendations on an LSD

1K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  nozza1 
#1 ·
I may be doing a deal for an r32 GTR currently running a Nismo 1.5 lsd. I've done a bit of research on it and most users say its a bit of an arsehole for parking/hill starts etc but still driveable and great on the road.
The way I look at it, if all these people can put up with it then so can I, but, if I decided to change it, what would your recommendations be ?
The car is running over 500bhp. I would be using it as my only car so an LSD thats good for every day driving.
I'd like it to be quiet and non clunky.
I cycle to work so although its my only car, I would really only be using it as a weekend thing or the odd daily drive.

#10 ·
Been thinking about fitting a cusco one to my r34 gtr vspec, 300zx owner said they drive like stock and stick like glue.

Would anyone know if it matters if l have a vspec and if a after market diff is compatible?

Or would l be better off staying with the vspec diff, heard it was different to the non vspec diff but not sure, may have got my wires crossed.

#11 ·
Updated diffs are noisy and clunky. If you don't change the oil in them they become even more noisy and clunky (recently changed the oil in mine and it became much less noisy/clunky)

Tbh they're a right pain in an everyday car.. Used to run a welded diff in an everyday car and both my R32's have had uprated diffs. However, they are SO much fun to drive - I have driven an R32 with a standard diff and it was much nicer on the road but boring in comparison on track.

If you're planning to use as an everyday car standard re-conditioned. Diff best way to go probably..

#13 ·
Matty, did you get any noise with the cusco RS LSD when parking, taking bends, reversing etc etc and was it the 1.5way version?

#15 ·
Anyone got any experience with the carbon L.S.D's?

Nismo PRO GT carbon and the ATS carbon L.S.D

ATS boast no noise at all, I'd imagine that with all the carbon types.

Side note, the ATS twin carbon clutch i have is super smooth.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.