GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys :clap:

I am planning to work on my broken engine but i am still thinking what to do?:nervous:

I need your recommendation on my situation here. do i buy a used engine with mint condition and put it on the car and the story ends OR shall i rebuild it. As the used eninge will costs me around 3000K complete. i am really confused which to go with. BTW, my turbos also are not spooling properly whcih will add more cost to my build. So what is the total cost to rebuild a RB26DETT R24 engine. the pistons look like stock (I think). what written on the piston (2, WU3 , 05U , 06) what does those mean, are they stock or 86mm bore size OR what. ............... please help !!:bawling:

·
Registered
794 Posts

I am planning to work on my broken engine but i am still thinking what to do?:nervous:

I need your recommendation on my situation here. do i buy a used engine with mint condition and put it on the car and the story ends OR shall i rebuild it. As the used eninge will costs me around 3000K complete. i am really confused which to go with. BTW, my turbos also are not spooling properly whcih will add more cost to my build. So what is the total cost to rebuild a RB26DETT R24 engine. the pistons look like stock (I think). what written on the piston (2, WU3 , 05U , 06) what does those mean, are they stock or 86mm bore size OR what. ............... please help !!:bawling:
used stock engine might break again...

why not go for a nice upgraded rebuild using as much of the stuff stil good on ur engine...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
used stock engine might break again...

why not go for a nice upgraded rebuild using as much of the stuff stil good on ur engine...
thank you mate for the reply

you think so ? but I am not that heavy user. i just drive my car like only weekends and

the car would stay in the garage for the rest of the week !!. so is still worth to spend

alot of money on rebuilding a broken engine !!. can u tell me are the mods needed to do

a good rebuild ?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,329 Posts

o5u means standard pistons:thumbsup:

·
Registered
498 Posts
Unless you know someone who can do you a std rebuild on the cheap labour wise , I would say around £5000 - £6000, this was the figure I was told by the garage I youse to use, this is with full price on all new parts of course.

But yeah I would go for a rebuild over a 2nd hand engine unless you are 100% sure of the previous life of the 2nd hand engine has had

·
Registered
820 Posts
You could look at a standard internal RIPS built rb30 bottom end. About 6.5k nzd with a big sump. Good for 600 hp and if your turbo wont spool because its big thats that problem solved too.

·
Vendor
12,590 Posts
I supply used engines with known history. All my engine come from my own cars that I personally run and test, the rubbish i throw away or break down to individual components.

I dont know of any other pre-used parts supplier that continually applies this policy as alot ship in engines by the crate from Japan.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts