GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to upgrade my brake kit on my r33 gtr, as im looking to start doing track days and start engine upgrades, but want to make sure i have a decent brake system setup first. what is the best kit to go for?

i have been looking at ap racing, they seem reasonbly priced and i have heard good things.

thanks for any advice

bobsky

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I'm really happy with my setup
Brembo f50 fronts with 355mm discs and endless ccrg pads
Rears are standard with saurus adapters, 350mm discs and ccrg pads.

But I haven't tried other options so I can't say if it's better or worse.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Depends on what You're going go do with the car!
If You want to race a bit seriously with timing and so, You want proper tires with a high wall. You won't be able to have this with the R35 brake kit setup, that's why I sold mine and bought a stoptech instead! A lots of people use it, the replacement parts are cheapish and it's in reality a brembo caliper!

·
Registered
9,725 Posts
Did you really sell yours?

I do not see a problem with them fitting under 18's with semi slicks or porsche super cup fronts all around which are perfect for track, not sure what is the benefit of going to 17's.

Stoptechs correct me if I am wrong, but they are not monoblocks so there will be some flex in them.

·
Registered
439 Posts
The thing is, if You want to have a tyre working, it needs a big sidewall! There are a lot of books covering this topic so I don't want to discuss this further!
I would like to suggest You try to fin something higher than 265/35 on Your sky but then again it'll be a waste of money (trust me, I tryed it!). look at a proper racecar and You'll know what I mean (F1 for example).

No, Stoptechs are not monoblocks but then again, I'm not a racedriver and definitely won't be able to tell the difference! And I bet that, if there is ANY difference, 90% of people here couldn't tell the difference either!
The biggest difference I will see however is the money I'll keep in my pocket after buying the spare parts I guess! I guess You didn't have a look at the prices of the refurbishing kit?

Cheers,
RoB

1 - 8 of 8 Posts