GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As per title, what are the high power boys running in terms of coil packs? Standard or splitfire or some other type?

Advice appreciated and a potential supplier?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like it's spitfires then, just need to find a better price than the 350 delivered I have got so far!

·
Registered
24,959 Posts
£350 is good if the trader/person can honour that quote

i have a couple of sets sat here, but they are £395

spitfire put up their prices by 30% about 3months back

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
standards rb30 640 @ all 4 hubs no issues.these perform better than my spitfires, but then again the original coils are about 700+ a set new.

·
Registered
818 Posts
RB Motorsport custom coils.. Rod Bell been throught a few different types for comparisons e.g. splitfire, yellows, etc and the final ones he chose are now manufactured for RB direct. Good price, I think around £250.

If I had the $$$ Id try Okada but Im running around 530awhp so maybe bit overkill for that

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
interesting topic as I may be upgrading mine in the near future.
;)
bob

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
The factory ones are fine, the HKS ex world record drag car ran oem nissan RB coils
and they seemed ok ...but the did use a amplifier.
But, if you are getting coil issues its a no brainer to buy either one of the wasted spark setups or any of the other alternatives , as the factory ones are stupidly expensive.
Theres a few options as good as splitfire, but cheaper/

·
Registered
55 Posts
my OEM coils worked fine at 1,9bar, but where changed to splitfire,s
when they threw in the towel.

I belive the stock ones are fine for alot of power, as long as they are new.

Its the heat and age that kills them.

·
Registered
659 Posts
OEM coils are good until they die and they are over $200ea. (AUD). I went for LS2 coils because they give a better spark and have a built in ignitor; cheaper too! Car should be started and tuned in the next couple of days.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts