GTR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
My coil packs have given up also c there is a set on eBay 4 200 pounds red in colour doesn't give a name any 1 tried these haven't made my mind up wot 1s to go 4 properly rbs just to be on save side buy cheap buy twice

·
Registered
24,982 Posts
My coil packs have given up also c there is a set on eBay 4 200 pounds red in colour doesn't give a name any 1 tried these haven't made my mind up wot 1s to go 4 properly rbs just to be on save side buy cheap buy twice
they are made by FET

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
The borg runs standard coils and if they are in good condition the stock coils are fine for 1000hp easy.

I run cdi ignition now and its been great.

·
Registered
916 Posts
RB Motorsport custom coils.. Rod Bell been throught a few different types for comparisons e.g. splitfire, yellows, etc and the final ones he chose are now manufactured for RB direct. Good price, I think around £250.

If I had the $$$ Id try Okada but Im running around 530awhp so maybe bit overkill for that
Ive got these on my r33 gtr, seem great so far, but only stage one car

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Hey Matty, are the Okada nearly 1000$ each or for 6?

I cannot imagine anyone paying 6000$ for a set of coils!

DaveG

·
Registered
121 Posts
have run splitfires in my all 3 of my gtr's two of which were running over 600hp, never had any problems well worth the money in my opinion

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi,
still using standart coils, an i´ll keep them as lonsch as there is no missfire.
Running 650 bhp without problems.

RSP also makes coilpacks, think they´re cheaper than splitfires, and as good as Splitfires.

Cheers

·
Registered
24,982 Posts
Hey Matty, are the Okada nearly 1000$ each or for 6?

I cannot imagine anyone paying 6000$ for a set of coils!

DaveG
just seen this

sorry ATCO always best to PM cant keep a track of all threads

no lol thats per pack :wavey:

·
Registered
659 Posts
Just finished installing LS2 coil packs; more spark than you will ever need and in-built ignitor. Cheap as chips too! You could buy x3 sets of six for $1000... lol

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
For those that are interested in spitfires I purchased them from a company called Japex, they are in Japan and trade on EBay. Ordered and paid for same day, at my door 3 days later, top service and bargain price.

Cheers

·
Registered
113 Posts
Used Splitfires on a couple of Nissans with no issues. Plus, they're good value for money compared to OEM items.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I thought the Aus guys were all over the yellow Jackets but don't know much about them other than some guys saying they're great at $350US

21 - 40 of 69 Posts