GTR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
I ordered a set of Splitfire yesterday from Opie Oils, last set on the shelf and they did me a bit better price because the box is a bit dusty £303.00 delivered.

·
Registered
83 Posts
With good condition oem or spitfires coils has anyone found a point where the booster eg hka dli or equivalent necessary?? I'm at 600whp ATM with no issues but looking to go into to the 750whp range will spitfire by themselves get me there??

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
With good condition oem or spitfires coils has anyone found a point where the booster eg hka dli or equivalent necessary?? I'm at 600whp ATM with no issues but looking to go into to the 750whp range will spitfire by themselves get me there??
I pushed 760hp on dyno with Splitfires but that was only on dyno I never drove the car with that map.

·
Registered
598 Posts
my oem coilpacks are breakING DOWN ON HIGH BOOST ALSO .SO WHERE IS the best place to buy decent coilpacks without breaking the bank

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
So no form of ignition booster just stock ignitor stock coil packs?
All stock and no issues at all, its just another case of people thinking or being told "you must have this and that" quite often by someone trying to sell you something. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
83 Posts
All stock and no issues at all, its just another case of people thinking or being told "you must have this and that" quite often by someone trying to sell you something. :rolleyes:
Just trying to avoid paying for another $500 dyno session if the ignition system was on its edge... From the research iv done it looks like the hks twin power is used when theres other issues involved eg wiring/coilpacks/tuning(dwell/charge times) ect Thanks for clearing that up Rob im hoping everythings in order then...

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Has anyone replaced the factory cable between the coil packs and the igniter with a custom one? I.E can you get the plugs and make your own?

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
41 - 60 of 69 Posts