GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some liquid gasket for my RB26, for some of the water pipe seals and putting the baffled back in the rocker covers.

What liquid gasket should I go with? Is the Nissan stuff good or is there a better make I should use.

My engines built by RB Motorsport and they have used liquid gasket all over it which is red, not sure which stiff they used but is seems good.

·
Premium Member
3,816 Posts
Nissan Red. Not cheap but the best.
Honda grey sealant is similar.

I used to use Loctite products but the Nissan red is better.

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
All the Oem branded ones do the same thing, rally team guys love their three bond and hondabond, the specs for rtv sealants are all so close, unless you are building f1 cars in clean rooms under temperature controlled environments, you should be fine.

Three Bond 1215 is the same thing Subaru uses as their Oem standard.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Threebond 1217H........the best. It goes on clean and comes off clean.........I have literally stopped old ferrari v12's from leaking with it......which is an impossible task.

Nissan stuff is crap to put on and crap to take off.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nissan stuff does suck to take off, perhaps its worth trying the Threebond stuff.

·
Registered
292 Posts
The threebond stuff will actual still seal of you just wipe the sealing surfaces with oil, but it won't stick and will lift off in a single piece when you strip it.

Just don't get the small tubes of white 1211 that's easily obtainable.... It's like Honda bond and sucks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts