GTR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ODYSSEY Batteries - Battery Specifications

Just curiuos as to which model everyone is running in their R34 GTR.

Also, if any modifications were needed during install (bracket and/or terminals and etc.).

Lastly, once installed, what is the proper use of said battery to keep it's life up.

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I ended up with a Optima Red Top Type 25.
I had to change the terminals as I could not get the Jap spec battery here in NZ.
Also had to fashion a new bracket but there is an additional hole in the body already to hook the bolt into.
The hardest part about this job was removing and refitting the Strut brace.
Remember to unwind the centre nut of the strut bar a bit to lighn it up with the bolts

Dry cell batteries are quite sensitive to being run flat so after some reasurch on here I chose a Ctek Multi XS3600 which I am very happy with.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a Yellow Top Optima now, however, looking to reduce weight.

Was hoping to get feedback on Odyssey battery users on this forum.

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
400 Posts
if you get an odyssey pc680 you should probably plan on starting the car up and running it at least every couple days, and not leaving it exposed to extreme cold if it's not going to be started for a while. ideally you would want to buy one of the Odyssey Ultimizer trickle chargers as well to keep the battery alive as long as possible:

ODYSSEY Batteries - Chargers

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great advice. I bought the 680 and love its size and weight.

I also picked up the Ultimizer and that works perfect. Didn't drive my car for weeks and it started right up. My car has an alarm as well

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.