GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Monday I was very grateful to be invited to RAF Scampton to the Red Arrows Family Day, this is when the RAF put on a private show for family members and invited guests. During the morning I was standing by my car when James McMillan, one of the pilots, came over for a chat about the car. Apparently he is a huge GTR fan and is probably buying one at the end of the year when he finishes his time with the Red Arrows. He has previously owned a 370Z but currently has an Audi estate because of all the "crap" he has to move around with his current flying job, at the end of this season he will switch to flying the Typhoon from Coningsby after three years piloting in the display team. He is very knowledgeable about the car and was a great guy to chat to, I should have offered him a drive in the car for a return favour with his daytime transport! :chuckle:

·
Premium Member
2,530 Posts
On Monday I was very grateful to be invited to RAF Scampton to the Red Arrows Family Day, this is when the RAF put on a private show for family members and invited guests. During the morning I was standing by my car when James McMillan, one of the pilots, came over for a chat about the car. Apparently he is a huge GTR fan and is probably buying one at the end of the year when he finishes his time with the Red Arrows. He has previously owned a 370Z but currently has an Audi estate because of all the "crap" he has to move around with his current flying job, at the end of this season he will switch to flying the Typhoon from Coningsby after three years piloting in the display team. He is very knowledgeable about the car and was a great guy to chat to, I should have offered him a drive in the car for a return favour with his daytime transport! :chuckle:
you wanted to go in his audi estate barry??? why :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Audi - Crap about right !!!

Bet he buys a RED one Barry LOL

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Some good pics there Barry but I would expect no less !!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts