GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well after a lot of deliberation I have decided realistically in an r35 I am going to want either a Litchfield stage 4.5 or stage 5.

I would like a Litchfield warranty for the first year for peace of mind, but they have non in stock I have missed a black stage 4.5 :(

does anyone know this car at all ?

Used 2009 Nissan GT-R BLACK EDITION for sale in Bristol | Pistonheads

I am interested in buying it but with it not being sold by Litchfield I cant get there warranty so I will be on my own with it so to speak, is there anyone I could maybe use to give it a full health check ?

I have asked the dealer if they can get the car to have its warranty precheck at Litchfield for me before I purchase it for my piece of mind, im awaiting a reply.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
I would tell them you want a Litchfield warranty with it, the rest is up to them. They do say that several warranty options are available, but I can't imagine the other options would be close to a Litchfield warranty. Looks a nice car.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Agreed it's a nice spec car but not cheap at £48k for what appears to be a non-nav car? Granted it has the stage 5 conversion and Alcon brakes, but pricy still?

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Agreed it's a nice spec car but not cheap at £48k for what appears to be a non-nav car? Granted it has the stage 5 conversion and Alcon brakes, but pricy still?
As title states sat nav, first line of as states sat nav.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Ad says that Litchfield did the stage 5 upgrade, surely they will warranty their own work. I would check with Litchfield, might be a good reason why they dont warranty it or they may have no problems with it.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have offered the full asking price already if it can have a full Litchfield warranty put on it, the dealer has said they cant do it as Litchfield wont do the warranty to a dealer.

it is priced right imo if it comes with a warranty, litchfield do a 2 hour pre warranty health check and then offer the warranty if there are no faults.

it worries me that if it cant be done there are some underlying issues with the car.
I shall ring Litchfield again today and find out the exact score on a dealer getting the warranty ready to supply to buyer from Litchfield.

it is priced well for just 8900 miles, BUT the conversion was done in January 2012 so its been over 2 years at this power and has 3 previous owners so I would asctually be the fifth owner. as we all know if there are issues it could soon become a £60k+ car with some repair bills which would then put me in a budget to just buy ryans car from the off.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would tell them you want a Litchfield warranty with it, the rest is up to them. They do say that several warranty options are available, but I can't imagine the other options would be close to a Litchfield warranty. Looks a nice car.

there warranty options are with warrantywise, I have checked with them and they basically aren't worth the paper there written on if the car is modified.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just wondering whats a standard 09 worth with 8k on it?
one sold privately for £38500 dealer bought it and its now up for £43000 ! lol

but its done 9k miles at stock power mostly, this has been stage 5 for 2.5 years, it is a well priced car for the spec but without a warranty it soon could become a money pit im not well enough equainted with these cars yet to be able to asses the car for any faults like I can an rb26 gtr.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ive just spoke to Litchfield unfortunately they cant offer a warranty on it as they don't know the car well enough its been to long since they've seen it/serviced it. they will do a health check for the dealer though for my piece of mind, im not sure what to do at this stage, I might just wait til Litchfield get a stage 4 - 5 car in and buy direct from them with warranty.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
ive just spoke to Litchfield unfortunately they cant offer a warranty on it as they don't know the car well enough its been to long since they've seen it/serviced it. they will do a health check for the dealer though for my piece of mind, im not sure what to do at this stage, I might just wait til Litchfield get a stage 4 - 5 car in and buy direct from them with warranty.
Is that a blanket no from Litchfield? Will they not do a health check at your/dealers expense before saying no?

So if Litchfield don't know the car, they wont warranty it regardless of a health check with them? Hmm.

·
Premium Member
1,994 Posts
Theres a few high powered ones for sale in the r35 section:
Ryans 950, Alex's TopSecret, Adams 800-850 - latter two via Litchfield.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Theres a few high powered ones for sale in the r35 section:
Ryans 950, Alex's TopSecret, Adams 800-850 - latter two via Litchfield.
Good point.... Ryans was built by SVM, so have a chat to them about that car.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
For clarification the Alcon Brake upgrade is not a superkit on that car.
It's just a disc change.

·
Premium Member
3,002 Posts
You cannot expect Iain to put his warranty on a car that he hasn't seen for some time. If he was to have the car himself, then he would have known the car, serviced and tuned it and be able to justify the warranty.

The good thing about the Litchfield warranty is that he puts his name and reputation behind it and he cannot be expected to do that on a car that has changed ownership and done several miles since he did the stage 5.

Better to wait for the right car that has a known history with Iain and let him be the judge of condition etc.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You cannot expect Iain to put his warranty on a car that he hasn't seen for some time. If he was to have the car himself, then he would have known the car, serviced and tuned it and be able to justify the warranty.

The good thing about the Litchfield warranty is that he puts his name and reputation behind it and he cannot be expected to do that on a car that has changed ownership and done several miles since he did the stage 5.

Better to wait for the right car that has a known history with Iain and let him be the judge of condition etc.

yes mate I totally agree now I know the details I fully understand and appreciate why they cant warranty it they havnt seen the car for 18 months.

ive left my details with them and they are going to contact me when a car comes up to the spec im looking for. so gutted I missed the black 09 stage 4.5 car that was a steal, lucky buyer who got that

·
Registered
1,760 Posts

I understand that, my question was, was it a blanket no they wont warranty it regardless of if they inspect the vehicle again?

So, if I bought a GTR that Litchfield have never seen will they give me the opportunity to have them inspect it for Warranty or is it a straight no?

·
Premium Member
3,002 Posts
I understand that, my question was, was it a blanket no they wont warranty it regardless of if they inspect the vehicle again?

So, if I bought a GTR that Litchfield have never seen will they give me the opportunity to have them inspect it for Warranty or is it a straight no?
I cannot speak for Litchfield's but I am 99.99999% sure that the answer would be no.

An inspection cannot show the internals of a gearbox or engine and even with a 60 point inspection that some motor dealers use, it still has clauses that will preclude many items. In particular, when a car has been modified in any way.

I would speak with Litchfield's to get complete clarification though, just for the 0.000001% chance!

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I cannot speak for Litchfield's but I am 99.99999% sure that the answer would be no.

An inspection cannot show the internals of a gearbox or engine and even with a 60 point inspection that some motor dealers use, it still has clauses that will preclude many items. In particular, when a car has been modified in any way.

I would speak with Litchfield's to get complete clarification though, just for the 0.000001% chance!
Pulled the following from their Website

"The Litchfield warranty is available to all standard GTR’s and cars we have previously tuned following our detailed pre-warranty health check. We charge 2 hours labour to complete this inspection or offer this free of charge when combined with a service or performance upgrade package."

I read that as, Bring your GTR to us (If we've never seen it), we'll inspect it and following a tune we can warranty it (Assuming it passed the inspection)

I may just drop him a call for clarification.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts