GTR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
6,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK here I go,

Posted pics of my recent purchase allready in the gallery, for the pics see here:
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/131729-getting-time-back-skyline-roots.html

I am now going to modify this car lightly for the looks mainly and will show what you can do with such a car with restricted budget, as we all know that anything is possible with infinite budget (of course some peeps with infinite budget end up buying green beetles for the price of a house . . .:D )

I want a car that handles great and looks the dogs first, after if somebody sponsors me a custome wide bodykit and an RB26DETT swap . . . just PM me.:smokin:

Here is the spec of the car as I bought it:

1998 Skyline R34 GT-Turbo
engine: RB25DET NEO (standard) have changed direct ignition from an RB25DE an will see how long it holds . .lol
automatic TipTronic mission 4AT
86000km

OEM R34 GTR standard front bumper with red painted undersection
OEM R34 GTR standard bonnet
R34 sedan OEM sidesteps, rear bumper and rear spats.
OEM R34 GTR 18" wheels with 225/40R18 tires
Fujitsubo exhaust (end only) it`s very silent.
****ed springs from unknown maker, cut at the front (must change)

First things I am going to ad and change:

1) The springs
Cut at the front, the car looks cool low, but undriveble so bought a set of more reasonable Tein S-Tech. The car will be raised at the front so I can fit a V-Spec diffuser.

2) Bought those plastic over fenders for the R34 and going to get them painted in red soon, but first I am going to buy bigger ones like in the pic of the red R34 GTR below:

.. so will do regular updates from now on.

Thanks for the reading

Chris

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
can i ask a strange request?

what is the colour code on the car? a friend has asked me what the colour code is for his red r34 (same as yours), but unfortunately he lives miles away from me and he is a dunce, so i wont ask him to look at his v.i.n!

looks to be a good project, enjoy :)

·
Registered
562 Posts
That would be 18" GTR wheels and not 19". Car looks really nice. Let's see how this goes. What front fenders are you using currently and how was fitment with the GTr front bumper and bonnet, were fender risers used to have the fenders fit flush with the bonnet?

·
6,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That would be 18" GTR wheels and not 19". Car looks really nice. Let's see how this goes. What front fenders are you using currently and how was fitment with the GTr front bumper and bonnet, were fender risers used to have the fenders fit flush with the bonnet?
Ups you're right 18":D

The bumper is squized to match the GT-Turbo fenders . . . good you point it out as nobody has asked me about until now, regarding the fact that I posted multiple pics of it.:smokin:
The front arch has now the GTR bumper upper side corners not aligned with the arch . But doesn't look to obvious if you not specificly look at the missdeed.:D

I wanted to go for GTR front fenders, but that's too expensive with paint ex . . . for now I am going to find a middle solution with arch moles.

Regarding the colour code I think it's AR2 as AR1 is active Red on the GTR if I am not wrong.

·
6,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Whereabouts did you get these,

Just saw your location, lucky bastard :D. Price on them as well.
It`s a chinese manufacture with distribution in japan. I think the design is japanese. J-line is the name of the product.
Saw a Fairlady Z33 a month ago with full Nismo aero and these wheels arch extensions, looked really clean and OEM style.
Stopped the guy and asked him where to get them from.

Price was 20000Yen for the four. You can als order them painted.

The moles are of high quality plastic-gom, and you can bend them fairly much , so the fit gets perfect.

Would look cool on GTRs and a cheap and decent way to get your wide wheels with spacers covered.

·
6,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cheers mate, i'll look at both and compare.

keep us upto date on your car :)
Just checked to be 100% sure, it`s AR2 with an extension W, but don`t know if the W has any meaning to the colour code on the vin plate.

Anyway if you get something painted there are too ways and two prices, paint-shops charge:
one for a paint of the parts in the colour you want
and the other one a colour paint job that matches your current "aged colour" of the car, as it is to day.
My R34 red was allready different from the original tone, the new painted front looks now more redish, while the roof and doors more magenta.

·
6,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Little teaser what comes next, despite the car being on sale:(:smokin:

·
6,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Cris,

Why are you already selling her again?

She looks so nice.

Good decision on going for black GTR rims (I voted for them :D) :thumbsup:

Leo
Long and complicated story, but lets say I am not in a hurry to sell her, but she has to go, do to the fact that I am planning to move back to europe again during this year, and won`t bring her with me do to pratical and economic reasons.
Thought will defo own another R34 sedan in the furture if she goes.:smokin:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts